Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buildering

Options
  • 11-03-2005 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

Anyone into this? I've asked on the Outdoor Pursuits forum too. Buildering is urban rock climbing/bouldering and while its been around for years there only seems to be a movement taking off now. Basically instead of climbing cliffs and boulders you climb building/sculpture/bridges any other climable object in the urban environment.

Some of the free runners might be interested. Anywho ... I'm going to be looking for boulder problems over the next while before trying to move onto full routes.

Just in case anyone is interested.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Skank

Hi ya evil Phill there loads all over the country in dublan u have the well none dalkey , if you head doen to the pear and over behind it and on "LOW TIDE" its nice down there its kind of difficult tosay cause i dont no what county your situated in , there are poblems every were ....:) just find some like the side of your house just make shore your mam
    isint out there cause she souts a me when i try to climb the garrage and stuff , good pair of pink 5/10s are needed to ....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Skank wrote:
    good pair of pink 5/10s are needed to ....

Aye, I've a pair of Dominator Velcro's but they're murder on the toe's - think I need a change. My La Sportiva's are the best though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I've dona a little bit around town but only when drunk really. There's a nice roof traverse on the underside of the Ha'penny bridge, I haven't done it myself but some friends have.

Advertisement