Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom free line is there a contract?

Options
  • 11-03-2005 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

If I get the free eircom line in, is there anything to say that i can't move to smart when its available in my area or do eircom tie you into a 12 month comtract?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭toil

i rang up about this last week, they told me 'no'!
    now i ended paying for a reconnection fee (from my reading of the website i did not think i needed to pay this)
    Ring 1901 and go to sales enquire and ask....

toil

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

In fairness, the very first line of the page says
    If you're connecting your eircom home phone for the first time then check out our FREE FREE FREE offer and you could save up to €500 (inc. VAT).
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭toil

well, i moved into a new residence, and it does have a section about that...
    sorry, am sure it was my fault....did not have time to read it closely...

toil

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

toil wrote:
    well, i moved into a new residence, and it does have a section about that...
    sorry, am sure it was my fault....did not have time to read it closely...

toil
    No need to apologise. Eircom are deliberately sketchy on what constitutes a "new line". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Just curious to know what eircoms return address is for the netopia modem is. I have searched the net / comms forum top to bottom without any look any replys would be great thanks.

• Advertisement

Can someone show me the right forum relating to this. Thankyou.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hal1 wrote:
    Just curious to know what eircoms return address is for the netopia modem is. I have searched the net / comms forum top to bottom without any look any replys would be great thanks.

Why not ring them and ask them? The same number you signed up with surely would have the answer? Or email them so that you will have a record of asking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

From "Important Customer Information about Broadband" leaflet (actually just one page):
    To cancel broadband service
    If you wish to cancel your free trial, you can do so by visiting www.eircom.ie/cancelbroadband. If you cancel the service, please return the full pack in its original condition, attaching the order reference sheet to eircom Logistics, Freepost, Cragg Ave, Clondalkin, Dublin 22.

Cheers,
    JP

P.S. Now, who knows what is the order reference sheet?

Thanks for the replys all sorted now, I have until the 19th of april to cancel but it will take 10 days for postage, but I will cancel early anyways cause its shíte. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭j_nolan

If someone could enlighten me:

I've decided to upgrade from Home Starter to Home Plus, to avail of the 2MB downstream in April. How do I do this?

Are there isn't a charge or downtime, am I right?

• Advertisement
Advertisement