Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of IOL Package do I have?

Options
  • 10-03-2005 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi,
    I received the iol BB recently and was wondering if I got the 8GB or 16GB Plus version.

The pack contained the usual broadband stuff as well as a Webcam and Norton 2004 CD.

WHen you look at
    http://www.iol.ie/broadband/bb_price.htm

It clearly shows that only Iol Broadband Plus contains the
    FREE Internet security package: Symantec's Norton Security 2004 provides essential protection from viruses, hackers and privacy threats.

I was only wondering as people here have said that the 3 month trial package was only the 8GB capped normal version.

Could someone who recently got the iol Broadband trial compare what they have with mine and help me find out if I have the Plus version???

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Ive got the IOL BB plus and i got a free webcam and norton security, im not sure if a trial comes with the plus version as id assume its a premimium package.
    What did you order from IOL, were you meant to just get the ordanary package?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

I just clicked on the Free trial and cant remember if there was a choice of normal or Plus as I signed up in December.

It took them months to sort out their problems to get it to me.

When it finally arrived I just assumed it would be the normal version included with the Free trial but on opening I was surprised to see the Webcam and Norton 2004 disc inside.

So are you saying I have iol Plus and can now download 16GB a month???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Hmmm i'm not too sure, but if ya go and look at the iol usage meter http://broadband.iol.ie/cgi-bin/sec/dsl

That tells you how many days you've left until you're going to go over your limit, i'd imagine that'd give some sort of idea as to what your cap is? thats what i went by originally

All I have is this data:

First Login
    Last Login
    Last Login Duration
    Logins
    Offpeak Traffic
    Peak Traffic
    Data uploaded
    Data downloaded

Nothing about days left.
    Any more info would be helpfull as I intend the tear through the 8GB cap in the nest week.

Same here, TBH i think maybe the two services are under the trial because i clicked on the trial ad on home.iol.ie and it has in small print that the modem belongs to the customer if they choose the IOL BB plus package.
    They probably send people out the top packege so that they can get customers to keep connected to them, but when i ordered mine i done it through the EsatBT website and choose the plus package.
    I hope im on a free trial after all I ordered before March 11th.

• Advertisement

I signed up for the trial...but nothing was said of it being the Plus version...just that you fill in X and Y to get the trial???

They took 2.5months to have it posted....incompetant asses!!!

I'm looking at the plastic postage packaging and on the bottom right corner of the address sticker it says "IOLBB PLUS Kit" which is fairly self explanatory!!!

But there wasnt a note or anything inside of the box stating this...if I had thrown away the packaging there would have been no possible way to know!!!

Well if I decide to keep the Broadband it better have a new speed of at least 1024/128 and an increased cap to go with the increased speed of lets say 1GB a day.
    With the experience I have in broadband from other countries in Europe....512/128 with 16GBcap for €48 just isnt good enough considering that BT are offering a 2048/256 with 15GB cap for €40 a month just across the Border!

I know, once years ago this country was top of the IT revolution, like now its a pain paying money for something that is now outdated in other countries, and i hate seeing the ads from england with there Wannadoo BB and AOL no caps etc etc.
    This country better get it BB act together and give its people quality and speed for there money, as far as i know englands telephone wires in certain areas are as bad as ours and they can still get 2mb, is it so hard to ask for, im supprised were all still not on dial up, i have a friend in the US and he has 2mb/2mb, I wish i had that, and its only $55 now convert that to euros, thats value for money.

Advertisement