Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL up their UK speeds!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just letting you know while I was on the phone to them last night enquiring about getting an extra digital box for a fiver, i asked about the supposed increase in speeds in their broadband. It is not happening because they are in the middle of being bought out and that their network is completely different to the UK one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Damn. I suspected that that might be a factor in it but now I know it's whats stopping the upgrade. Nice one mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Don't suppose you guys have tried this on the off chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

I did and it doesn't work for us here. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Meh! When you read the page telling existing ntl uk customers they're automatically being upgraded to the new speeds for free you can't help but feel we're being shafted.

And if I hear another ntl person say "the uk network is completely different" I'll get the chainsaw out :mad:

causal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Moriarty wrote:
    Don't suppose you guys have tried this on the off chance?

No joy here either. Thanks for the link though.
    causal wrote:
    And if I hear another ntl person say "the uk network is completely different" I'll get the chainsaw out

I've got a tactical nuclear warhead in my shed if you want a lend of that instead! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

causal wrote:
    And if I hear another ntl person say "the uk network is completely different" I'll get the chainsaw out :mad:

Our NTL died today (Ballsbridge), TV and all. Rang them up to tell them to fix it and slipped in an upgrade question, and she actually said they _were_ on the same network. And then I mentioned upgrade and she said she didn't know enough technically to help me. Lols :P

I'm happy enough with 1.5 for moment anyway. 3 would be nice, but this suits perfectly for now. Happy to wait tbh.

Advertisement