Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trim

Options
  • 08-03-2005 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone here have experience of travelling from Trim to Dublin. i live in blanchardstown at the moment but looking to buy in trim just wondering about the journey (traffic-wise to dublin) in the mornings/evenings are the roads really as backed up as i heard rumoured??

Thanks for any help anyone can give me...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Big problem is the junction of the Trim road and the N3. Though some people say its easier to get out these days as the traffic is slower here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

BrianD wrote:
    Big problem is the junction of the Trim road and the N3. Though some people say its easier to get out these days as the traffic is slower here!

Odd that this should be so, what with the N3 being entirely adequate for its daily traffic load...

Dermot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭jones

I heard about that junction alright! really just wondering the time it would take to get from trim to blanchardstown in rush hour 'traffic' i know theres 20 miles between them but 20 miles in stop-start traffic is not my idea of fun ha!!

Thanks for the quick replies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

mackerski wrote:
    Odd that this should be so, what with the N3 being entirely adequate for its daily traffic load...

Dermot

Nobody says that the N3 does not need improvement and upgrading. Certainly does not justify the construction of a m-way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

BrianD wrote:
    Nobody says that the N3 does not need improvement and upgrading. Certainly does not justify the construction of a m-way.
    Yip, one grade separated junction at Fairyhouse xroads and you's sort that particular problem out. Can't toll a single bridge though ca....oh wait, you can. That's it-build a grade separated toll bridge, everyones a winner :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 magscon

Hi Jones,

We recently moved to Trim and commute to Ballycoolin Rd. It takes about 40 mins but you're moving most of the time, thanks to the new road. And this should only get better when the motorway is completed.

Advertisement