Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Point Pleasant

Options
  • 08-03-2005 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

Is point pleasant going to be on any terrestial station, does anyone know if its any good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Channel 4 and No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 oomph

It's terrible. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I quite like it actually. Its like the Omen mixed with the OC (the OmenC?) :)

The story is progressing quite nicely (they're not dragging it out too much). Looking forward to seeing where they go with it (if it lasts the distance - its not getting good ratings in the States, AFAIK...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

oomph wrote:
    It's terrible. . .

Yeah it kinda is, but that guy Jesse is pretty hot!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Oh God its really bad! someone said the next buffy?? Please dont insult buffy!lol

It will get canned in the US and E4 decided to be creative and put a US show on the night after it aired america thinking it might be as popular as buffy or angel.

Bad mistake! it is no where near as good as buffy or angel and C4 preempted Lost until the summer and put this crap show in its place.I can tell you lost is 1000000000000 times the show PP is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Can't believe they delayed 'Lost' to show this crap!

tvnutz wrote:
    Bad mistake! it is no where near as good as buffy or angel and C4 preempted Lost until the summer and put this crap show in its place.I can tell you lost is 1000000000000 times the show PP is!

um Angel was only good in its first season

angel was brilliant throughout,the last season was the best.great writing and acting.in fact id say the 1st season was the worst.

Never watched Angel. But it's a common stated fact (even among Angel fans) that the first season was the worst!

ye,it wasnt bad,but it was just the intro season and wasnt the best of the lot.

• Advertisement

tvnutz wrote:
    ye,it wasnt bad,but it was just the intro season and wasnt the best of the lot.

I liked it best cos the irish guy Doyle was in it.

ye doyle was cool,but he was only in 9 of 22 eps.that doesnt make the whole season the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Lost is NOT better not that that says anything. (I've only watches 1 eisode of Lost ans 2 of point plesent come to think of it i much watch the rest of PP now)

Lost is a bloody million times better than PP crap! sure everyone ahs their own opinion,but writing and actinf wise, Lost is so much better.You have seen 1 ep of Lost so cat really say anything,i have seen 18 eps.

Well thats why i said i only saw one episode maybe i should have stressed the point i was basing my opinion on only the one episode of Lost which was crap. And 2 of PP which was not GOOD but watchable. but i wont dl any of it i got those ones in work.

Lost is NOT better not that that says anything. (I've only watches 1 eisode of Lost ans 2 of point plesent come to think of it i much watch the rest of PP now)
    HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Seriously, Lost is probably the best drama television series in the last 10 years. Hell, probably one of the only drama series i could ever really get into.

More stuff happens in one episode than in a full series of a lot of the crappy drama that's on TV nowadays.

basquille,you are so right! even the first ep was great! and that didnt scratch the surface of what happens in the show.

PP,nothing happens! she causes stuff to happen with her feelings YAWN!

Oh, by the way, for any of you 'Point Pleasant' fans out there (if they exist), FOX hasn't ordered any more episodes after the 13 episodes currently filmed.

A bad sign..!

Oh my God thats the last time i will type while using the remote for the T.V.!

You mean this:
    Well thats why i said i only saw one episode maybe i should have stressed the point i was basing my opinion on only the one episode of Lost which was crap. And 2 of PP which was not GOOD but watchable. but i wont dl any of it i got those ones in work.

Looks a bit like verbal diarrhoea alright! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

?!?!?!?!?!

I'll assume you saw the pilot, which I considered to be one of the strongest opening episodes of ANY series for years.

And if you just saw "Part I" (first 45 mins) of the pilot, then you really ought to see the 90 minute version before declaring where you stand on that one.

And in the 18 episodes which have followed so far, there isn't a single bad one (a few that don't further the main plot, but never dull)... If you don't appreciate the excellence of Lost, then I give up. No wonder shows like Point Pleasant get made!

i agree doh.ie,it has been constantly strong,with weaker eps that were still nonetheless good. I think WalkAbout,ep 4 was brilliant!

Wasn't the pilot was the one where they go off looking for someone.

Wasn't the pilot was the one where they go off looking for someone.
    Someone?... weren't we paying attention?! :rolleyes:

lol,is he watching the right show?

haha,i got an e-mail from boards.ie wishing be a happy birthday!lol thats so cool,didnt know they did that :p

Advertisement