Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl Bb?

Options
  • 08-03-2005 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

is it any good?we are getting it in the next two weeks is it worth our while?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

It's very good and nice n fast!. I'm live in Lucan and have the 1.5MB broadband and always can get full speed on downloads. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

cheers. thats where i am. got a call and they are offering free tv aswell we only have sky.

i think the option we went for was the middle speed(750 or7.5 or something)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

That's a good option you should be able to at up to 90KB a sec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

cheers...i@m compleetly lost unless its to do with word or excel :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

NTL is probably nearly the best ISP in the Dublin area from my experience. Trust me the quality of service is pretty good as long as the cable modem has its own exclusive CATV point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Trust me the quality of service is pretty good as long as the cable modem has its own exclusive CATV point.
    A new point will be put in during installation if you request it.
    For me the guy ran a cable along the outside of the house and drilled through to the office room (a bedroom) straight to the modem. No wall mounted point because it wasn't necessary.
    Modem is connected to my wireless router (Linksys WRT54G).

The best thing about ntl is that the undeserving eircom don't get a damn penny!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

daymobrew wrote:
    A new point will be put in during installation if you request it.

They did'nt put in one for me initially and I had to ring them up to get them to put in one. Make sure you get one in when they install it.
    daymobrew wrote:
    The best thing about ntl is that the undeserving eircom don't get a damn penny!

You sure got that right! :D

Advertisement