Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new phone line

Options
  • 08-03-2005 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

just moved house. had to get new phone line into house as no previous phone connected. Ive tested the line on eircom and esat but they still say it fails! I know my estate has b/band. do I have to wait for the to test my line themselves or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Where are you located exactly and who are you with at the moment for your phone bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭hjr

located in sligo, phone installed by eircom but will be changing to esat as I was with them in previous house and had no complaints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

just call 1901 and ask for sales, or call eircom broadband 1800 503303 and they will get a line test done for you, result within a couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭hjr

yeah, i rang eircom and they said it would take ten days to test the line because its knew!

Worringly, I spoke to Esat and was told that if I kept my old number then the line wouldn't need to be tested cos the number had already passed the test!! He insisted that it was the number that was important and not the line. After i corrected him he went to check with a supervisor and then came back and apologised and said he made a mistake.

With help like that............

Advertisement