Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions Please

Options
  • 07-03-2005 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

Im looking for the forum for 3d / cgi , could be here. The name is very misleading but is this the place for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

I would hazard a guess to here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 oomph

Posting it in the Art / Anim / Photo forum may be more sutible as I thought that the photoshoppage forum was set up for pictures that have been photoshoped, or other 2D pics. But to be honest, I wouldn't post on here, there is a great Lack of Appreciation for 3D here, inexistence of a 3D forum is clear evidence of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Games Editing may tickle your fancy.

Btw "oomph", I dont see you running to the admins requesting such a forum?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

oomph wrote:
    Posting it in the Art / Anim / Photo forum may be more sutible as I thought that the photoshoppage forum was set up for pictures that have been photoshoped, or other 2D pics. But to be honest, I wouldn't post on here, there is a great Lack of Appreciation for 3D here, inexistence of a 3D forum is clear evidence of that.
    yeah...

The lack of a "Cleanliness in Public Restrooms" forum also signifies the lack of hygiene amongst boards.ie users...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 oomph

no Cult you misunderstood what I was saying, I was not trying to slander the members of boards. What I was saying was, as there probably isn't veryu large fan base to 3D here (fact that there isn't a thread about it), this would mean that most people on here would not understand the amount of effort and work gone into his 3d work.

I'm sorry if it came across differnetly, all I meant was, if you are looking for an opinion on something as specific as that, then maybe it would be better to go to a site devoted to that.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

oomph wrote:
    no Cult you misunderstood what I was saying, I was not trying to slander the members of boards. What I was saying was, as there probably isn't veryu large fan base to 3D here (fact that there isn't a thread about it), this would mean that most people on here would not understand the amount of effort and work gone into his 3d work.

I'm sorry if it came across differnetly, all I meant was, if you are looking for an opinion on something as specific as that, then maybe it would be better to go to a site devoted to that.
    Fair enough, well, there could very well be a bubbling of 3D artists who yearn to post and don't know where to, but aye, it's unlikely.
    Im looking for the forum for 3d / cgi , could be here. The name is very misleading but is this the place for it?
    I'd recommend the Arts/Anim forum for now; I reckon you won't be lacking appreciation here (I've tried my hand at 3D work and have been hopeless thusfar, anything better than a grey blob would impress me ;) ), but this isn't the forum for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Supose so, I'll go there then thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Would love to figure out cinema 3d for a start messed around with it a few times...but some of the stuff that comes out of 3d artists is Amazing to say the least

Advertisement