Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Mp3 Battery Lifetime?

Options
  • 07-03-2005 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

Well my 10Gb 3G iPod's battery has receently died on me and i dont think its worth replacing. Never though battery life would be something to worry about but after using a discman for the last few weeks (and getting a good 4 days of life out of it-to and from school, and bits in between) i realise how inadaquit the iPod batteries are. Even when i got it, i wasn't too impressed with the life time. So anyway, if i was to upgrade, which Mp3 player (20bg+) would give the best playback time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

IRiver is better than an iPod. Dunno if theres anything longer than that. HD based anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

For max battery, cut out all the crap.
    Hard drive spinning = battery - Use flash based
    Display backlight = battery -get one without a display or with an unbacklit display.
    LEDs if you're getting really crazy, minimise your LEDs used.

I must appreciate the battery life of this: http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=300806&cks=SER for €90

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh i have an iRiver ihp140 and i have to say the battery life is much better than my 20gig 3g iPod.

i use it for about an hour a day and i only have to charge it once every forthnight and it still would have one bar left on battery, whereas with the iPod (same usage hours) i'd be charging it every week and the battery bar would be at zero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

i've got an iriver h340 which has a colour screen, looks fantastic but drains the battery like nothing else! but i use it about 2-ish hours a day (broken up into 2 lots of 1 hour each, this is important to note as turning it on and off really drains the battery) and tend to switch tracks etc an awful lot, and i get about 4 or 5 days out of it, so i guess 10 hours useage. but bearing in mind that includes 10 boot ups and sht downs and lots of track changing.

my sister and mother have iPods (grrrr, i've tried to disown the family but what can you do...) and have to charge theirs every 2 or 3 days and wouldnt use it as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

do any of the other make-HD based mp3 players have the same infamous problem of the ipod batteries (that they die after a year)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

sony hd3, 30 hour battery life, 20 gig, very small, 313 euro delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

How much would you sell the dead ipod for?

Advertisement