Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone listen to chevelle? ever played in ireland?

Options
  • 07-03-2005 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭

been recently given a copy of an album called "this type of thinking could do us in " by a band called chevelle.its pretty good and i am listening to it alot,does anyone else listen to them could they reccommend what other albums of theirs(if any) might be worth getting?
    have they ever played in ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

i guess thats a no then :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

To be honest, and I hate doing this, Chevelle are just a little Tool. Try Tool out.

And I hate doing that because everyone does that to Muse with Radiohead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

I've been listening to Chevelle for a year or two. I have both there albums.

To say there a little tool is harsh. yes you can hear the influence and they openly admit there love of tool. I'm huge tool fan too. I really don't think there a little tool.

The first album is excellent if you can get your hands on it....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

haha "little tool" *chilidish snigger*

yes thank you for the lesson angry banana,i listen to tool already and like them,perhaps that is why i also like chevelle!just wanted to find out how well known/listened to they were because iv never heard of them spoke about on this forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

Never heard much about them hear. They we're pretty big in the states. That where I heard them when I was working there a year or two ago. I must say I enjoy them. But there no tool

Can't wait for the new album....

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Well Enough Alone is a fantastic song...great band.

Ever been in Ireland I wonder....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Why couldn't you just let this thread rest in peace? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

lol this is so last year 2005 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭LukeQuietus

For a forum site this is really run badly. I've never been on a site that just leaves dead threads lying around. It's annoying. And contacting the admins is harder than contacting God. It's like nobodies running things around here.

As for Chevelle. Used to listen to them. Have four of their albums but contemplating erasing them for the space. You might like Breaking Benjamin if you're into Chevelle. And for the Tool fans, try A Perfect Circle. Like a more mature (musically) Tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

For a forum site this is really run badly. I've never been on a site that just leaves dead threads lying around. It's annoying. And contacting the admins is harder than contacting God. It's like nobodies running things around here.
    You think this site is run badly because people can access old threads? I've never been on a forum that you couldn't do that on! Please provide me with a link to a forum where you can't access old threads as it's something I'd love to see. Threads on here are never really dead unless they've been closed or deleted, it's just hoped that posters have enough cop-on to read the thread they are posting on and notice that the thread is five years old for example.

As for contacting the admins, what methods have you tried so far? The simplest way I find is to just e-mail hello@boards.ie.

Out of curiousity, are you confusing the roles of administrator and moderator? If you're looking for the moderator of a particular forum, have a look at the bottom right of the forum thread index and you'll see the moderators listed. I'm the moderator of the Rock & Metal forum so if you've a query about this forum, feel free to contact me. That will be a lot more helpful than bitching about things on a random thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I always found Chevelle to be nothing special and rather boring, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I love Chevelle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Zombie thread in real Halloween fashion :)

Really gotten into these of late. Wonder if the new album will be any use!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I've certainly heard of them and had some dealings with them but I wouldn't consider myself a fan. They're an example of a band who make a reasonably good living in the US being musicians and yet they could come to Europe on holiday and nobody would know who they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Come on Voltwad, you're here long enough to know not to bump old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement