Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pub For Wathching Ireland V's France

Options
  • 07-03-2005 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

Hey, which do you think will be the best pub to watch the frogs (hopefully) get beaten by the Irish?

Where is the best place to watch the Rugby 16 votes

The Kings Head
    0% 0 votes
    O'Flaherty's below the Great Southern
    37% 6 votes
    The Cellar
    6% 1 vote
    Buskers
    6% 1 vote
    The skeff in Eyre Sq
    18% 3 votes
    None! I will voice my opinion below.
    31% 5 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Last 6 nations, Massimos knocked 50c off the price of a pint of Guinness for every Irish try scored. It didn't work out too well against the Welsh where one more try would have had them paying you to drink the stuff, but I digress. It is where I'd go though.

If you want to go somewhere with an enormoscreen such as the Kings Head, you'd want to be there well in advance of kickoff and stake out a good position.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah massimos for sure it's a great atmosphere and the whole added fact for the money of guinness. everyone should be there although the quays is a good second choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

danniemcq wrote:
    yeah massimos for sure it's a great atmosphere and the whole added fact for the money of guinness. everyone should be there although the quays is a good second choice

Where abouts is massimo's?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

down a bit from the blue note .. about 30 meters away ...

coming from eyre square ... shop street ... past the vineyard offlicense...
    over the bridge there ... turn left down domnic's street ... you'll see big pub munroes in front of you ... turn right .. you'll pass roisin dubhs ... go left ... you'll see four star on your left ... blue note on your right ... keep going down the road another 30 meters or so and massimo's is on your right ..

wonder if I could get commission for getting people there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

error9 wrote:
    down a bit from the blue note .. about 30 meters away ...

coming from eyre square ... shop street ... past the vineyard offlicense...
    over the bridge there ... turn left down domnic's street ... you'll see big pub munroes in front of you ... turn right .. you'll pass roisin dubhs ... go left ... you'll see four star on your left ... blue note on your right ... keep going down the road another 30 meters or so and massimo's is on your right ..

wonder if I could get commission for getting people there :D

Good man thats deadly, might go there on Saturday, will be down for the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

an pucan or mc gettigans, both full of large screens

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I'm sure 2005 thanks you for that. Just to let you know though, McGettigans wasn't there in 2005 and An Pucan wasn't full of big screens back then either.

Advertisement