Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat BT or Eircom

Options
  • 07-03-2005 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭

Who is the best isp in everyones opinion i am getting dsl in work and i need to know which one is the best, not only price wise but also customer service after sales etc. thanks :cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

tintinr35 wrote:
    Who is the best isp in everyones opinion i am getting dsl in work and i need to know which one is the best, not only price wise but also customer service after sales etc. thanks :cool:

Have you seen the offers from Smart and other providers?

Eircom and Esat are like the most expensive? Just read the threads, tells ya what you need.

- Sully

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

esat are fine and reasonable go with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭padraigf

Don't go with esat. I constantly have issues with my ping and packet loss with them. Their support are useless aswell, never do nething about problems. Eircom are jerks too.... Try to go with smart or someone else if you can.

padraigf wrote:
    Don't go with esat. I constantly have issues with my ping and packet loss with them. Their support are useless aswell, never do nething about problems. Eircom are jerks too.... Try to go with smart or someone else if you can.

as if smart are going to b the magic bullet? they havent a single residential llu customer yet, how do u justify that, esats support is not good, eircom are the best but expensive. so eircom- great but dear, esat-cheaper, and still fine, up to u.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭padraigf

I didn't say that they're a magic bullet. I said or someone. Basically implying anyone but esat and eircom, the 2 big well established jerk companies.

Do you have esat to say that theyre fine ?
    Have you noticed the fact that for the last week and a half everyone has had a 150ms ping to the first hop on their connection? I wouldn't call that fine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

lomb wrote:
    as if smart are going to b the magic bullet?

Well Duh? Its not Magic. Its Smart.

- Sully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Eircom all the way! 18months and not a snag!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

padraigf wrote:

rofl, yeah sure don't you know the grass is always greener on the other side

This kind of reply makes me laugh no-matter what company/service people talk about
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I've never had any trouble with Esat. I'd say the performance from eircom would be exactly the same - just cost a little more and with a smaller cap. But there's nothing really between them. Keep an eye out for an announcement from IOL about new packages though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Eircom for well over a year. No problems. Pick Eircom.

• Advertisement

padraigf wrote:
    Do you have esat to say that theyre fine ?

yes only one issue in 7 months, no service for 24 hours due to a fiber cut during road works, eircom never told esat there was a problem and esat support couldnt do anything.

otherwise esat are fine.

Advertisement