Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX Software

Options
  • 07-03-2005 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Can anybody tell me what the following are and what their used for?

Evolution X 2.6 ?

Regional & Dongle Free DVD Player ?

Xbox Media Centre & Player - Capable of playing Divx ? Xvid ?

Applications - Including Avalauch Dashboard?
    PxHDD Loader?
    Xbox File Explorer?
    Bios Check?
    Xbox FTP Client ?

Game Trainers?

11 Emulators?
    including 3100! Are these full games stored on the hard drive?

Thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Mostly some form of software for use once you have modded your xbox.
    to my knowledge, Evolution X 2.6 is the modded OS for it.
    after that all the othe things are things you can do once the mod is installed and the mod OS is running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Dashboard replaces your xbox start up screen

Region free and dongle free means you can watch dvds from any region with the control pad as a remote

xbox media player - speaks for itsself - plays movies encoded with xvid or divx codec as well as mp3s etc, much like windows media player

with ftp client you can copy games as pc drives cannot read xbox discs this way the pc reads them through xbox

emulators - yeah full games, old ones like sonic, mario, street fighter, whatever, all the games you used to play on nes/snes/genesis/gameboy/whatever

and btw you need a mod chip to use any of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ico

I'm a total novice. Can anybody recommended the best chip to get with this memory card and why?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

No disrespect - but I think you need to do some extensive research before you decide to get (fit) a modchip. I would recommend www.xbox-scene.com and if you do get one (and I recommend it) then I suggest you get someone else to do it for you - someone with experience.

Hyzepher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ico

MobileInfantry thanks for the information. I still have the following questions. What is a:

1/ PxHDD Loader?

2/ Xbox File Explorer? Is this like windows explorer where you can search for files i.e. music, movie or game files!

3/ Bios Check?

4/ Game Trainers? Is this software which enables your xbox to play most game formats!

5/ Is it possible to configure you xbox to play ps2 games?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭SteM

I just got a modded xbox the other day so I can answer a couple of these Qs, but like Hyzepher said you really need to read up on www.xbox-scene.com to do some research. All the software you mentioned is on my box but all I've used so far is...
    ico wrote:
    2/ Xbox File Explorer? Is this like windows explorer where you can search for files i.e. music, movie or game files!
    It allows you to move files or games from one location on your xboxs HD to another, delete files etc. There is no search facility.

ico wrote:
    Thanks
    Not that I know of. A modded xbox will allow you to run emulators that emulate other consoles, mine came preloaded with N64, SNES, Megadrive and a few other emulators but no PS2 emulator. Try googling to find out for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

1/ A program for ripping games onto HDD

3/ To general, give more info

4/ A game trainer is a program that alows you to use cheats in games.

5/ Never going to happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

1/ PxHDD Loader?
    this will backup your game to the drive, so you can put the original somewhere safe. it also lets you delete backup games, its very easy to use

yeah, to the novice its useless/dangerous

3/ Bios Check?
    just tell you what bios is on your modchip so you can check up online what features it has,to the novice its useless

4/ Game Trainers? Is this software which enables your xbox to play most game formats!
    lets you modify your games progress so to give you a little help next time you play it

no

Advertisement