Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Alarm - Quote

Options
  • 07-03-2005 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

As there's so many alarm experts around, may as well see whether the quote is reasonable.... (Mods - feel free to merge it into one of the other threads).

Got a quote for a new build, which was wired for the alarm by the electrician (i.e. the installer has no wiring to do).

20 Window/Patio Door Contact Sensors
    Control Panel (obviously)
    Panic Button by bed
    4 Number Auto Dialler
    Box & Dummy Box
    Front & Back Door Access points

What would be a reasonable charge, ballpark like.

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Macy wrote:
    As there's so many alarm experts around, may as well see whether the quote is reasonable.... (Mods - feel free to merge it into one of the other threads).

Got a quote for a new build, which was wired for the alarm by the electrician (i.e. the installer has no wiring to do).

20 Window/Patio Door Contact Sensors
    Control Panel (obviously)
    Panic Button by bed
    4 Number Auto Dialler
    Box & Dummy Box
    Front & Back Door Access points

What would be a reasonable charge, ballpark like.

Ta

insist on aritech panels and sensors thats my advice, say 700 for parts 700 labour +vat so 1800 would be very reasonable, or upto 2grand. remember he is warranting it for a year so he has to include that in the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

Had pretty much exactly that done 2.5 years ago for €700.
    €1800, surley not??
    Mine is a full astec system with digi dialler and panic button.
    If the house is already wired it's only half a days work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

lomb wrote:
    insist on aritech panels and sensors thats my advice, say 700 for parts 700 labour +vat so 1800 would be very reasonable, or upto 2grand. remember he is warranting it for a year so he has to include that in the price.

Jeez, lomb you're expensive :D

Bits, whether Aritech or HKC will cost about €400. Connecting up the preinstalled wiring - about 2 man days tops. So depends whther this is a nixer or not.

I remember on my apartment the Elec wanted €600 to fit and install an alarm, again pre-wired, but I decided to do it myself because he was using a crap model, and I didn't have the spare cash at the time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

ive been quoted 180 for a panel, 20 battery, 80 bell box, 15 per sensor, so i reakoned 600 for parts, +vat is 720+labour +vat=say1500 then??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Macy

Well it's coming in much nearer to Dan_B than Lomb.

Thanks - just really didn't have a clue how much tbh, so at least it's coming in what would be considered reasonable.

Cheers,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Just had my alarm put in to our new 5 bed house. It was already pre-wired.
    total cost was 930 Euros that included:

all windows
    all doors inc garage
    Alarm bell on front
    Panic alarm in bedroom
    Motion sensor in hall
    This was an 8 zone box...

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭hansov

Macy: While you are at it have a motion sensor put into the hall! I have heard some horror stories of folks having the kitchen window (the centre window which doesn't usually open) removed even tho' its alarmed. So somebody is in the house without a bell ringing. But the motion sensor has a good chance of picking 'em up in the hall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Macy

hansov wrote:
    Macy: While you are at it have a motion sensor put into the hall! I have heard some horror stories of folks having the kitchen window (the centre window which doesn't usually open) removed even tho' its alarmed. So somebody is in the house without a bell ringing. But the motion sensor has a good chance of picking 'em up in the hall.
    The bloke suggested it, but it's no good - have pets that'll be in the house when we're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Hi again

My parents have a sensor on the kitchen door. So the door has to be closed when you set the alarm. The dogs stay in the Kitchen. You could also apply this sensor to any room I suppose.

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Hi Macy,
    I price jobs just like yours all the time. First of all, Did you get all the windows priced for sensors and contacts or sensors contacts downstairs and only contacts upstairs (makes big difference to price)
    A price for all the windows with Mc's (sensor & contact combined) and with the rest of the stuff you quoted from me would be about 1500 incl VAT.
    Remember most houses only have about seven or eight wondows not twenty!

Look at what your getting for your money, There are alot of cowboys out there that will install alarms cheap for the quick buck and vanish never to be seen again. Pay the extra few quid for it to be intalled by professionals who will look after the system for you.
    As someone else said get a beam if you can because there are alot of break-ins where windows and frames are being taken out with ease.

• Advertisement
Advertisement