Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave acting up or is it normal?

Options
  • 05-03-2005 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭

hi
    I just got a replacement ripwave modem,the ethernet one and installed it on thursday, now after 3 hours of it hopping through transmitter to transmitter it locked onto bts 120 which provides the best signal and best speeds, but yesterday it started doing this crap all over again for nearly 7-8 hours, i could'nt even send an e-mail, and then lock's onto bts 246 which has crap speeds because its so far away, while 120 i could throw a stone at.
    Anyway is this normal for the first few days of operation, like is it setting its self up, or is it dodgy, did anyone have this problem aswell with the ethernet version of ripwave?

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 FatGarrett

get them to lock you onto 120

i'm much closer to 140 than 246 but my ripwave was on nomadic and kept connecting onto 246 even tho it was much much farther away.

i rang them up and got them to lock me onto only 140 and speeds and performance have been much better

remember with ripwave to keep trying, keep ringing them and figure out as much as you can from the diagnostics software (use ctrl-f10 to get more statistics)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

FatGarrett wrote:
    get them to lock you onto 120

i'm much closer to 140 than 246 but my ripwave was on nomadic and kept connecting onto 246 even tho it was much much farther away.

i rang them up and got them to lock me onto only 140 and speeds and performance have been much better

remember with ripwave to keep trying, keep ringing them and figure out as much as you can from the diagnostics software (use ctrl-f10 to get more statistics)
    e-mailed one of the best customer reps. and he locked me onto 120 which is guinness's, and now its perfect full 490kbps Lovely :D

Advertisement