Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shopping Complex?

Options
  • 05-03-2005 12:50am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Is it a new Shopping Complex being built accross from the Sinn Fein office? Or what? Are the plans/details online?

- Sully

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Yeah, shopping complex & cinema.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

merlante wrote:
    Yeah, shopping complex & cinema.

When is it expected to be completed? Any plans available?

- Sully

Sully04 wrote:
    When is it expected to be completed? Any plans available?

- Sully

Not sure, but at the rate it's going at the moment, I'd say it'll be finished by the autumn, if not sooner.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

merlante wrote:
    Not sure, but at the rate it's going at the moment, I'd say it'll be finished by the autumn, if not sooner.

OK Cheers. Seems rather small-ish? Any idea what shops are going in there nah?

- Sully

Sully04 wrote:
    OK Cheers. Seems rather small-ish? Any idea what shops are going in there nah?

- Sully

No idea, but surely to god it's time for a Waterstones, HMV, Mark's & Sparks, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I remember seeing plans for it in of all things, the Waterford Today for some reason or another.

I know that there are apartments going in there, however im sure if there are to be as part of a seperate complex.

The structure that looks to be the cinema is taking shape now, they have made a lot of progress in the last 2 weeks and now it seems they an elevator shaft and staircase put in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

merlante wrote:
    No idea, but surely to god it's time for a Waterstones, HMV, Mark's & Sparks, etc.

Yeah apparently we're finally gettin' a HMV. Well dats what it said in the paper anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Yeah apparently we're finally gettin' a HMV

nothing to get excited about tbh

another ripoff merchant

Yeah, but you can't exactly start talking about variety, competition, alternative music shops, etc. when you don't have a standard large music store like HMV. HMV is the sort of popular store that every place has to have... Occasionally have good deals too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

and its not cramped like the rest of the music shops in waterford theyre all tiny.

• Advertisement

kano476 wrote:
    and its not cramped like the rest of the music shops in waterford theyre all tiny.

Agreed.

More stuff, more competition and I think HMV rules.

- Sully

thats' true, why are the music shops in waterford so small. it's crazy. golden discs is almost as small as my bathroom ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

You can't exactly call HMV rip off merchants, especially considering the music shops in Waterford are grossly overcharging as it is! Everytime I've shopped in HMV, the CD's I've bought are always cheaper than in Waterford.

Also the special offers they run regularly are untouchable like their Buy 1 get 1 free DVD offers where the DVDs are often pretty decent!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

Im from Galway City and we got our first HMV superstore in september and to be honust it hasn't created any competition whatsoever in the city, our local chain of zhivago's is cheaper still and so is Golden discs. now were gettin A Virgin Megastore hopefully that will shake things up a bit.

Virgin Megastores i find to be better than HMV
    can we get one of those too

Virgin is typically more expensive than HMV but is more likely to have alternative stuff.

The main problem with Waterford is that there are no large units for these shops to move into, outside of shopping centres. If I had my way I'd knock down every building from Michael St. to john roberts square and put 4 storey buildings all the way along, instead of the motley string of rotting oul shacks that are there.

good plan, when do we lobby the council

First things first, we have to take out the serial objectors: make an example of them!

Advertisement