Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone line dead same week as I get DSL...

Options
  • 04-03-2005 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

My Dad wanted broadband so I signed him up for the ESAT trial. The pack arrived this week but I haven't gotten over to connect things up yet. Then, today, his phone line went completely dead.

I'm trying to figure out if this could be something to do with DSL being provisioned for his line. Is it all software or is there some physical work in the exchange that could have caused the problem? Eircom are being snotty and saying that he will have to pay if he wants someone out to check the line.

He has 5 extensions and Phonewatch. I know Phonewatch + DSL can be problematic but not in a way that would cause the line to die as far as I know. I'm going to go over on Sunday and disconnect eveything after the first connection in the hall.

Any tips appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

If the phone line isn't working and you're paying a monthly rental then you are entitled to have someone from Eircom out to check what's wrong and fix/replace it where neccessary.

Get onto them first thing on Monday morning and DEMAND it.

Advertisement