Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very intresting!

Options
  • 04-03-2005 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

I was talking to a very well known gun dealer the other day and he told me somthing very intresting.

He told me that alot of the guns that are taken from homes by criminals are not for use in acts of crime at all. He went on to tell me that alot of the guns as soon as they are taken are put into out of the way storage.

The guy who took them knows, that his chosen path in life will at some point have him sitting at a station table someday being asked alot of "where were you on the night" type questions. Or "i am arresting you under section..." questions. So what does he do? He turns around and says "ill help you Mr if you help me" kind of thing.

So he tells them then of this night he was drinking with afew mates who had friends of friend who he didnt know but they were talking about where they had afew guns hid ;)

Are you starting to get the picture? :)

So the criminal who took the damn things in the first place is now using them as a bargining tool to get him out of the water he has found himself in.

The gardai are now all ears because whats better on the old CV or report card, arresting some low life waster who revolves in and out of the courts OR to be the cat who got the cream and be the one who found them missing shotguns and took them off the streets?

It is an intresting one im sure you will agree :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I don't think the Gardai do know that kind of thing chem, they just don't have the statistics to show what's happening to the firearms that are stolen at all, they were asked for in the Dail only a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Irishglockfan

Wouldn't surprise me.Although I think a "clean shooter" in the underworld is worth quite a few bobs as well.So it is more likely salted away as a useful bargining tool,investment and defence piece.Yeah,the tactic is known that you let the hood out again to continue his way provided he is grassing regulary to his handler.Ditto for fences and small time drug dealers.

Nor would I be surprised if some guns are nicked to order by the handlersfor [1] personal collections [2]"alibi"guns to be planted on accidental shot unarmed victims, quite common once in US PDs.Shot the kid who was holding a hair dryer ?plant your unregisterd back up piece on him,justifable shooting.[3] "Gardening" IE planting evidence [And there HAS been evidence of that happening here in Ireland] .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Sparks wrote:
    I don't think the Gardai do know that kind of thing chem, they just don't have the statistics to show what's happening to the firearms that are stolen at all, they were asked for in the Dail only a few weeks ago.

Sparks not everything in life is written on paper. There is no point in saying it dosent happen just because the gardai at the time didnt write down the full facts of the case and send it away for fileing. As i said in my start piece the gardai are not going to go into details as to under the table dealings with criminals. All the Guard sees at that time is that if i let this criminal walk or go easy on him, i then have a better chance of promotion as a result of finding missing guns.

How hard can it be for the Gardi to type in the serial numbers of stolen guns onto pulse and come up with an answer as to where they were stolen from?

Page one of how to be a gardi: Document the recovery of stolen item.
    Page two: return stolen item to owner.

Strange that with all the gardi`s talk of "taking guns off the streets" and then not to be able to tell what's happening to the firearms that are stolen :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

chem wrote:
    Sparks not everything in life is written on paper.
    Definitely not chem, I'm just saying that the Gardai can't possibly say this is a national trend without having some sort of paperwork pointing it out. Maybe you'd have it happen once or twice in a specific district and the local garda would know about it then; but not nationally!

Advertisement