Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iriver Bass

Options
  • 03-03-2005 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Hey there, quick query for y'alls. I'm looking to get an Iriver H320 at the end of the month (splashing out, yay!!!!) but I have a query. I'm just wondering what the bass is like on the Iriver - is it good and loud or what? I've heard some of my friends Ipods and Creative thingys and to be frank, the bass is crap on most of them and they tend to sound very tinny. Just wondering what people think of the bass on the Iriver then?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Popular opinion is that the sound on the iRiver is one of the best, however the standard earphones are nothing to write home about. A good set of earphones or headphones can make anything sound good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

PiE wrote:
    Popular opinion is that the sound on the iRiver is one of the best, however the standard earphones are nothing to write home about. A good set of earphones or headphones can make anything sound good.

Good, because I really WANT it to be good. If I'm gonna shell out near 500 yoyos I don't want to be disappointed in a pissy sounding bass. Man, the sound on one of the creative zen things a friend has was terrible. I can't live without the bass, being a metal fan.
    I'll prolly pick up a pair of sennheiser headies after I buy it too; I've always noticed that headphones you get with musical equipment tend to be below the par of ****e.
    Cheers for the 411 Pie.

500 yips for a H320? Are ye mad woman?? http://www.mx2.co.uk/acatalog/MX2_co_uk_MP3_Players_50.html £207.99 which is around 310~ squids. Im assuming you are talking about the same one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

500 yips for a H320? Are ye mad woman?? http://www.mx2.co.uk/acatalog/MX2_co_uk_MP3_Players_50.html £207.99 which is around 310~ squids. Im assuming you are talking about the same one.
    Yeah, that one, but I'm expecting the worst as I'll be buying it in dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

i think the 320 comes with sennheiser mx400's , or at least 300's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭SteM

If you're going to buy it in Dublin ask if you can try it first. It's the least I'd want for paying out €500 for something you can get almost €200 cheaper on the net.

The sound on the on my IHP140 is fantastic. The GEQ and Bass Boost does make a huge difference to the sound, unlike the GEQ on a certain fruity player ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Eh whats all this €500 in dublin business??
    Its on sale in peats for €379 as seen HERE on the website. I'm pretty certain it can also be purchased for €329 in the peats store on parnell street. The €379 is the deluxe package which just comes with a few extra bits and pieces but nothing that would sway you if you really want to keep your money and just get basic package(headphones, charger, unit).

The o2 experience store on henry street is also selling it but a good bit more expensive last time i checked(Still nowhere near €500 though!)

Advertisement