Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

70's/80's music show - 2FM, Sundays !

Options
  • 03-03-2005 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

Heard it announced today on 2FM that there is now a 70's/80's music show on Sundays "with John Clark from 11" - I presume they mean 11 am ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

ireland's biggest jukebox or something like that, its been running for couple of years that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

yep it replaced 2TV

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Silvera

a radio show replaced a tv show :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Prundic

2tv was broadcast on 2fm and Network 2...whatever song was being played,you would hear the song on the radio and the song and video on network 2.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I think the last year or two of 2TV was only broadcast on Network 2 (as it was then called), not simulcasted?

If memory serves me right, it was called the Beat Box or something before it was called 2TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

you are indeed correct about it being called the Beat Box.

does anyone remember the first RTE2/2FM simulcasts which used to take place at christmas time when Barry Lang used to present the Hotline on TV and Radio.

they used to give away a ****load of albums and videos and stuff.

Advertisement