Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Regulation & Trouble with Utv

Options
  • 03-03-2005 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭

I have a B/B account with Utv where my download limit is restricted to a certain amount

I went over this limit and was charged accordingly

I then rang them at 1890-926111 and emailed them at support@u.tv to upgrade my account to the next level so my download capacity would be increased I did this on the 21st Feb and wanted this to happen as of the 1st March

I rang and emailed them on numerous occasions to look for a status on this
    but got no joy. I wanted to ensure that my new account was activated as of the 1st March. At no time was I told there was a notice period to switch

I rang them again on the 2nd March and was told by an operator that I would be switched and it would take effect as of the 1st March For this I would be billed accordingly which I accepted

I was then told today that it cannot be backdated and would only take effect
    from the 1st April

I complained to them but was told there is nothing they can do

I told them that should I go over my download capacity this month I am only willing to pay the difference in the package not any extra

Have I any comeback on them as there is no regulation on Broadband. Rang ComReg but they can only contact them after all avenues have been explored and exhausted Then they can only slap them on the hand

Anyone ever have this problem or what options do I have

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ComReg are a shower of ****ing muppets just like UTV have gone.

All I can say is best of luck getting this sorted. Why did they say it would take so long?

- Sully

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

ring the gerry ryan show or liveline if you have the liathroidi for it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    ring the gerry ryan show or liveline if you have the liathroidi for it

Your threw to live line how can I help you.....

What happened to calling BeatFM eh eh?

- Sully

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Yeah Utv customer support aint that good

Sorry I am only new here etc

Emailed them looking for their Customer Service Charter / Complaints procedure so might get a reply at Christmas

Dont know why they took so bloody long they could not say??

At this stage I will ring the White House and tell him there is WOMD stored out in Utv!!!

Fight the power!!!! The war has just begun

Cheers

Yeah Utv customer support aint that good

Sorry I am only new here etc

Emailed them looking for their Customer Service Charter / Complaints procedure so might get a reply at Christmas

Dont know why they took so bloody long they could not say??

At this stage I will ring the White House and tell him there is WOMD stored out in Utv!!!

Fight the power!!!! The war has just begun

Cheers

Fire of an email to Carl, carl@u.tv if Support aint any help.

Then if all else fails make your issues clear to management@u.tv.

Surley they release there support is terrible?

- Sully

• Advertisement

Hi

there terms and conditions are here

http://u.tv/internet/services/clicksilver/tandc.asp?b=

Nothing there about notice periods for switching only for terminating

Then again they might hit me with terminating one contract and entering into another the feckers that they are

Thanks for the email address sully04 might email them

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi

there terms and conditions are here

http://u.tv/internet/services/clicksilver/tandc.asp?b=

Nothing there about notice periods for switching only for terminating

Then again they might hit me with terminating one contract and entering into another the feckers that they are

Thanks for the email address sully04 might email them

Did they inform you that a change of product means an additional 12 month contract? That's a T&C which is not in the terms and conditions! (Unless they have finally put it in at last!!!!)

Hi

Just got an email from Utv saying they have backdated my upgrade to the 1st March

So it pays to complain!!!!

Thanks for the advice

Advertisement