Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re:Esat/Eircom changing their BB price?

Options
  • 03-03-2005 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

Any sign of the other two following SmartTelecoms BB price?

Thks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I think it's unlikely that they will drop their prices. I reckon it's more likely that they will upgrade everyones dsl, from 512x128 to 1024x256 to counter the move from Smart.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah they will have to do something.
    Apparently iol are due to make a statement on 8th of this month.
    Eircom will prolly await this b4 they say anything.
    Im on the eircom 2 month trial right now the last 2 weeks and am very happy with it.
    But unless they up the speed to 1 meg or over ill go elsewhere as will many others i assume.
    Both eircom and esat will have to act on what Smart offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

With IOL reselling Eircom products I'd imagine it'll be happening the other way around, or at the same time.
    Looking forward to seeing what they offer, but I'd much sooner see an increase in speed then a drop in price, or both would be good. However the average home user just wanting to check their email is going to be more interested in a price cut so anything could happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

yeah its a real disgrace their price/speed ratio. you have to pay 200 pm just to get alright speed from them. SMART are leading the way right now, IMHO

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

But for how long? UTV took a similar step but then went back and changed it all, and now look at them - bloody pack of muppets in hoods.

- Sully

• Advertisement
Advertisement