Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone spot welly wearers yesterday during the snow duluge?

Options
  • 03-03-2005 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

What a day we had yesterday with all that snow, sleat and ice, the entire east coat slipped and slided its way to work. Not surprisingly, the M 50 became the orbital car park it usaully becomes on a daily basis, a few hours earlier.
    The QBCs were empty as buses couldn't manouvre through traffic queued up skew ways around the capital.
    Instead, sensible people abandoned public and private transport and, instead,
    walked to work through the snow capped footpaths, roadworks and potholes.
    But they all had one thing in common. They wore their redundant wellies. Taken down from the old, rust ridden garage hook, the wellies were dusted down, washed and cleaned ready to serve their owners once more.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

No, there was no snow where I was and I haven't seen many wellington boots around even when it rains. That was quite a poetic post, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

wellies wrote:
    Instead, sensible people abandoned public and private transport and, instead,walked to work through the snow capped footpaths, roadworks and potholes.
    But they all had one thing in common. They wore their redundant wellies. Taken down from the old, rust ridden garage hook, the wellies were dusted down, washed and cleaned ready to serve their owners once more.
    erm no, sorry to disappoint you there wellies, but I wore my hiking boots as I walked from my house to the luas and from the luas to work. And just for good measure I wore them home as well....
    And I'm pretty sure I didn't see any other wellie wearers on the luas either, so they must have left their wellies on the shelf in the shop that they didn't buy them from 30 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

you *really* like wellies, dont you?

Advertisement