Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Line

Options
  • 02-03-2005 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

My phone line keeps passing/failing the online test so I've decided to order a new one.
    I realise this doesn't guarantee anything but I think it's worth a shout to get off dial-up! :(
    I'm hoping I can sweet talk the engineer into removing any pairgains if there are any spare slots available.

Has anyone any experiences of getting a new line in and did it make any difference?

And finally, how exactly do Eircom install a new underground line into your house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

The guff posts have all been sent to the recycle bin.

Be careful when you're ordering a new line, they may just pairgain your existing line. You'll need to have a chat with the local engineer and see what the situation is around your area.

As for installing a second physical line into the house, I don't know how it goes exactly. If there's a cleaner spare copper pair running past your house, he may just be able to switch the copper running from your house to the local box outside your house to the other line.

Advertisement