Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Clicksilver Woes...

Options
  • 02-03-2005 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else having a series of "outages" with Clicksilver in recent days? They last a min or two as a rule.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Not for me anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Not here anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Yes, loads. It's been like this since the weekend at least (Arklow). I have to keep using a proxy server and then swap back every so often.

If UTV don't offer improved service soon then I'm getting the hell out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Nothing unusual here either Mike . [Swords exchange ,nth Dublin]

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

been having the same trouble down here in Douglas Cork -- right pain in the a$$

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭darraghn

Same problems for me. Very frustrating.... Rebooting the router seems to fix it for a while, but that could be a coincidence. I'm in Milltown - Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Use this proxy in your web browser:
    Server: 194.46.8.9
    Port: 8080

Fixed things for me, although it's not perfect. I have to switch it on and off. I remember having these problems just after Clicksilver started too.

Might be just growing pains to do with a possible 1MB upgrade?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Welcome to the club - iv always had these problems. Got a replacement modem which wont connect so iv given up!

- Sully

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Been having the same problem in shannon. Just recovered itself a second ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭PcP

Can you still ping IP's when it goes down? I had problems with the DNS servers for the last few months, it was having trouble resolving loads of addresses. I changed to 194.46.8.51 and .52 about three weeks ago because I couldn't get etmaster.idsoftware.com to resolve and authenticate my software. No problems since changing the DNS settings over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭geecee

My !2 months with UTV are now up...

Does anyone know if there is still a disconnection fee to be paid if i decde to give up on UTV and move to NTL?

Also UTV have not yet charged my credit card for last months bill, anyone else in the same situation?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

geecee wrote:
    My !2 months with UTV are now up...

Does anyone know if there is still a disconnection fee to be paid if i decde to give up on UTV and move to NTL?

Also UTV have not yet charged my credit card for last months bill, anyone else in the same situation?

As long as you have completed your 12 month contract you can cancel by giving a month's notice. There is no disconnection fee. but make sure they did not manage to get you into a further 12 month contract at any stage!!!

Advertisement