Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newbie- wireless broadband carlow

Options
  • 01-03-2005 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

hi guys,

new to this forum, hope you can help. im living in carlow, but not in town so im looking for wireless broadband. ive been trying to get in touch with irish wan but they just wont write back to my messages!argh!

anyone know of the availablility of wireless in carlow?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 poneill

http://www.clearwire.ie/home.html

Next month they told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Digiweb soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

thanks guys, knew digiweb were coming but dont think it will reach me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

If you can see the masts on Rossmore hill, or else if you're in south Co. Carlow, the White Mountain, then you can contact me directly to get more info about connecting into our system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

i've been talking to dodgyweb and i have been told feb 2006 before they get there.

Reason being, there is no cheap back haul route into carlow.

There is a MAN, but nothing is connected. Nor is there any esb fibre in the area. the only option is expensive microwave backhaul, and digiweb etc won't fork out for this.

Bkehoe is offering wireless in Carlow atm, send him a pm and he'll sort you out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement