Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircoms DSL line checker.

Options
  • 01-03-2005 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

I was showing a mate the link today to see if his phone line was suitable for broadband, but before I entered his number, I put in mine. It came up as a Fail! :confused:

What the hell??? I've been on Eircom's own Broadband since they starting testing it!!! Now my line isn't suitable... :(

I only hope this isn't another cute ploy to thwart people moving to Smart's BB product.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

It's already been established many times that those online line checkers are useless and I seriously doubt they would change anything because of Smart Telecom

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I am MAN wrote:
    It's already been established many times that those online line checkers are useless and I seriously doubt they would change anything because of Smart Telecom

Netsources website indicates that the line was last tested on 20/2/05. So, something's amiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

This seems to happen to a lot of people. One day it works, the next it doesn't... try giving Eircom a call and they should be able to run a proper check for you.

- Neil

Advertisement