Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cap usage with gaming?

Options
  • 01-03-2005 5:57pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering on average does gaming and surfing take up much of my 8 gig cap with ercom BB?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

It depends but an Xbox online for 24 hours continiously would take use about 500 MB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

500mb, i assume you mean if there was continoius talking over live too cause it uses hardly anything even with a bit of chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

2 hour of todays CS:S on a 90% full 32people server was about 25MB down, roughly 15MB up (rounded up). Voice comm. disabled. all default network settings

other games have different netcode of course and hence can eat more/less of your cap. But anyway - it's not to worry about, even if you'd play 8 hours a day every day.

besides - theres a lovely search button

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Another reason as to why this forum should be called REPETITION!

Unless you have some input into the thread i suggest you butt out.
    Some of us have more in our lives other than trolling through every thread here.

Thanks a lot to the other guys.

LOL it looks like the guy who the above quote came from deleted his post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Dcully wrote:
    LOL it looks like the guy who the above quote came from deleted his post.

You're right it wasnt input.

I dont throll on every thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Mr Cully , young man , I have the 4 gig eircom , and as you probably see from xfire , i do quiet a bit of the olde online gaming , forums , browsing and teamspeak and by the end of the month I have practically nothing left except some small patches or drivers .

Bloody hell yesterday morning i had 444 mb used of this months cap,done quite a bit of gaming yesterday [day off] ,ive just checked this morning and i now have 724 mb used up.
    Can this be correct?
    Taken from usage calculator on eircom webby.

bytes uploaded bytes downloaded

February 2005 149:24:08 553 MB 6373 MB
    77%

March 2005 48:00:18 141 MB 724 MB

8%

Advertisement