Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Swords

Options
  • 01-03-2005 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Looking for broadband in swords anyone any recommendations? Wiresless/dsl/cable whatever...

BTW smartelecom dont cover swords yet but you can register your interest and maybe by some miracle they will add the swords exchange

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

StaggerLee wrote:
    Looking for broadband in swords anyone any recommendations? Wiresless/dsl/cable whatever...

BTW smartelecom dont cover swords yet but you can register your interest and maybe by some miracle they will add the swords exchange

Id suggest you try NTL

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭dl

Using Esat 'Broadband Plus' for the last 14 months, no issues other than getting connected initially. Moved my phone bill over to them some months ago which besides a cheaper phone bill I also reduced the cost of my broadband - see their 'Advantage' packages.

Broadband Plus gives me a 16Gb up/down a month via a 512k connection with a 24:1 ratio which I find adequate for all my surfing, downloading, uploading to my websites and my sons XBox.

Added wireless recently, 3 pc's connected, all with good speed, although i do think the XBox live game playing may suffer a little if there is a lot of download activity from two or more computers........... another good reason for a 2mb connection aside from the speed factor. Will of course want more speed even when we all do eventually get to 2mb, but then, we'll always want more...and cheaper!!

Anyway as you can gather I'm reasonably happy with Esat in Swords.

http://www.iol.ie/broadbandplus/bbp_ben.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭aersat

Stagger

Check out www.broadband.gov.ie and the services by location section.
    UTV would be your cheapest option I think.

Aersat. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

aersat wrote:
    Stagger

Check out www.broadband.gov.ie and the services by location section.
    UTV would be your cheapest option I think.

Aersat. :)

the problem with the gov website is it list lots of providers in my area but when I went to each they were almost all reliant on Eircom who could not get DSL out to ny area as it was greater than 4km from the exchange............

the website is flawed.................

had to settle for IBB and then NTL who eventually made it .............

forget the gov site..................

Advertisement