Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Broadband VS IOL Broadband Plus

Options
  • 01-03-2005 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

I have IOL broadband plus which is as far as I know 512k. Im thinking of upgrading to IOL Broadband Plus. Is Broadband Plus 1 mb or is it the same at 512k with just a lower contention ratio.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭NocturnalDonkey

Broadband Plus doubles you cap from 8GB to 16GB. It also lowers the contention ratio from 48:1 to 24:1. Its still only 512kb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

BB plus is still 512kbps down and 128kbps up but with a lower contention ration, 24:1 as compared to 48:1 for standard IOLBB. You also get a higher downlaod allowance of 16GB (for both upload and download) compared to 8GB.

Of course there is talk of all this changing sometime this month so I'd wait a week or two and see what EsatBT announce. Aparantly the announcement is to be made on the 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yep we could all be on1mb as standard! woooweee

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭dl

I think anyone on Broadband Plus already should be given a 2mb connection with unlimited cap........just because we deserve it.....!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Seeker

Would cutting from 48 to 24 contention ratio make a big difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Seeker wrote:
    Would cutting from 48 to 24 contention ratio make a big difference?
    Doesn't seem to have made damn all difference to me to be honest.

Advertisement