Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minimum contract period with NTL?

Options
  • 01-03-2005 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a minimum contract period for NTL BB as it seems it's now available to me. I'm curious cos I'd dearly love to ditch UTV and remove my landline (which I never use) but don't intend staying in Ireland more than 6 months. Thanks for your help.

While I'm at it, has anyone in D15 signed up recently? How long did it take?

Could I sign up to 1.5MB then switch to the cheapest one after 3 or 6 months to run out the contract?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

murphaph wrote:
    Is there a minimum contract period for NTL BB as it seems it's now available to me. I'm curious cos I'd dearly love to ditch UTV and remove my landline (which I never use) but don't intend staying in Ireland more than 6 months. Thanks for your help.

Could I sign up to 1.5MB then switch to the cheapest one after 3 or 6 months to run out the contract?

Contract period is 12 months with a free three months.

Took about two weeks for me.

I'm in DUblin 15 too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

murphaph wrote:

I'm located in D15, signed up two weeks ago it is due to arrive on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

aaaarrrrgggghhhh fcukin NTL!
    About 6 months ago the website only showed Basic TV and digital TV as being available to me when I entered my customer account number. Now it shows BB too, BUT when I called them just now they said it wasn't available on my street. BB is so hit and miss and amateurish in this country. Really annoying. The NTL rep on the end of the phone simply said; "Oh, I didn't know you could do that on our website"!!

Thanks for your responses guys-guess I'm stuck with UTV internet and a landline I don't use for phonecalls!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Em it is very easy to get out of contracts...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

@drapper: Hartstown, right beside the shops. The poxy TV has gone off more times lately, I was sure it was for BB installation work!

• Advertisement
Advertisement