Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakdancing

Options
  • 28-02-2005 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hey can anyone tell me anything they know about the breakdancing scene in dublin? classes, ppl in the know, known breakdancers, websites whatever.............thanks guys, its nb

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

You might find somebody here to help you
    http://www.irishhiphop.com/forum/list.php?14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭MizzKattt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭sailorboy

funny . i just got a job re editing a video to dvd of a breakin world championship in the uk from 1999. pretty sweet stuff
    them kids are like jelly..

i remember the new york city breakers great stuff..

Or you could learn like we all originally learned waaaaaaaaaaay back when

Watch Breakin & Breakin 2 (Electric Bugaloo) :D which I picked up the other day on DVD for 8 yo yo's. Still haven't got to see it yet tho :(

my mate was on the late late in 85.breakin

stewie patchell from drimnagh ive got it on video.
    cheesy stuff. gay looked as if to say is this guy for fcukn real.

• Advertisement

Ever see the clip of Prince Charles trying to do it back then?!

HAHAHAAH OMG

• Registered Users Posts: 43 michelleb1985

Ay Cee wrote:
    Or you could learn like we all originally learned waaaaaaaaaaay back when

Watch Breakin & Breakin 2 (Electric Bugaloo) :D which I picked up the other day on DVD for 8 yo yo's. Still haven't got to see it yet tho :(

Where would I be able to find that DVD?

i havnt seen it in hmv just beat stret and the 1st breakdance.
    i got many breaking and hip hop dvds but there american
    if anyone is interested pm me trade or what ever
    ive got the roots of rap and its a deadly dvd, shows all the early hip hop culture grandmaster flash melly mel etc and the body poppers top notch
    if your stuck for it i got a video tape of it . you can have it.....free.
    because the dvd is way better than a ten year old tape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

Don't get Breakdance or Breakdance II: Electric Boogaloo, they're a f ucking joke. Not real B-boying. Get 'The Freshest Kids'...you'll get that in Freebird records underneath the 'Bustop' newsagents on the northside of the quays. If you don't get it there, check All-City records in Crow Street, Temple Bar or just order it in Tower. They always have plenty of b-boying DVDs in All-City anyway. If you want to learn...well there's no real b-boying classes I know of, that's not really how it works. You kind of have to know someone. There's training in DCU most nights a week in the evening, ask for Bon, he'll sort you out...

id love to pop down some night and look at the b boying in dcu
    just even to hear the sounds there playin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

Klimseven wrote:
    Don't get Breakdance or Breakdance II: Electric Boogaloo, they're a f ucking joke. QUO

don't let Turbo and Ozone hear you talking like that, they'll come and burn you out in the blink of an eye, yeah even if one of them is already on crutches

JoeSchmoe wrote:
    Klimseven wrote:
    Don't get Breakdance or Breakdance II: Electric Boogaloo, they're a f ucking joke. QUO

don't let Turbo and Ozone hear you talking like that, they'll come and burn you out in the blink of an eye, yeah even if one of them is already on crutches
    on crutches?whitch one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

I can't remember which one, its about 20 years since I've seen the film, one of the "crew" in the movie breaks his leg or something and does a rountine on crutches

Yeah Turbo does. I watched the DVD last night.

OMG!!! The thing should be sponsored by Mitchelstown it is that cheesy.

There is very little proper b-boy stuff in it. It's a lot of professional dancers trying to to do b-boy moves.

But that movie should be watched for the pure state of Ice T in it and nostalgic purposes of course.

So who was in the posh crew who could afford lino?!

We were ghetto with taped up cardboard boxes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Aimster

Is there no sites for the Breakdancing stuff that happens in DCU in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭thafitz

try asking someone in the dcu forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 michelleb1985

anyone know who's in charge of breakin over in dcu and if so do you have their email add, i think it's keith o brein but not too sure

Advertisement