Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

misha barton......too skinny!!??

Options
  • 28-02-2005 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

does any one agree with me in sayin misha barton is fabulous but REALLI SKINNY.... (marissa cooper on the o.c)
    did anyone see the last eposode in the first series...d 1 with the wedding??? misha looked anorexic... :eek:
    i love the o.c...best programme ever but every time i see 'marissa' i just freak!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

She is very thin but u look at her in any films she was in, she's always been like that ,just genes i guess.

If you look at Rachel Bilson she's actually tiny too, she's quite petite and even she said herself that she looks curvier on screen that she is in real life.

They're gorgeous girls though and look fab wearing anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I haven't seen the latest episodes of the OC but go easy on her! Some people stay skinny naturally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Who cares really tbh? She's just another person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Orla1

She is really skinny... and you kno' the tv adds weight so what are they like in real life??? But it's prob just natural for them... even if it seems unnatural :)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

I dont think shes too skinny to be honest, shes always been like that and its just good genes id say.
    Rachel Bilson however used to be a bit curvacious but shes losing it big time, hence not so attractive anymore, shes too petite to be that skinny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 DannyAu-Yeung

Shes still fit and I would without needing asking twice!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

There was reference one time in the show that she had been anorexic at some point in her life (the character that is) when she was in therapy...

It's so sad I know that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Dont really rate her much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

I think anyone who says these people are naturally skinny are seriously kidding themselves! The vast majority of these people are surgically enhanced regardless of their ages and as for their natural weight....it's a fact that actresses/models ect don't eat like normal people.

does any one agree with me in sayin misha barton is fabulous but REALLI SKINNY.... (marissa cooper on the o.c)
    did anyone see the last eposode in the first series...d 1 with the wedding??? misha looked anorexic... :eek:
    i love the o.c...best programme ever but every time i see 'marissa' i just freak!

IMO, you can never be too thin (within the realms or reasonably good health that is)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

yes you can
    being thin isn't always heathy looking

for my height and weight and bone size(or something) i should be 7 and a half stone, i look so ill when i am that size its not funny.

but i look best when i'm 9 stone i look healthy,
    different strokes for different folks but i dont like skinny women or men i think it looks wrong

yes you can
    being thin isn't always heathy looking

for my height and weight and bone size(or something) i should be 7 and a half stone, i look so ill when i am that size its not funny.

but i look best when i'm 9 stone i look healthy,
    different strokes for different folks but i dont like skinny women or men i think it looks wrong

Well it's all a matter of personal ideals, I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭A.S.H.

I personally am afraid of her shoulders, they look dangerous, get to near her or if she turns quickly she could take your head clear off,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

She's really tall,and tall girls can look very masculine and butch if they put on any weight. I think she looks about the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

She does not look about right. She is broadcasted to millions of young women giving the message "Thin Is In" and giving them a complex. She is too skinny full stop. I know its not good to be too fat either, but when ur a young women u should not have to aspire to looking like skeletor. Anyway,not that it should be what women worry about, but its not what lads find attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Why should anyone decide how she should look? Yes she is skinny but so what, it's her choice! Would you like someone telling you to shed a few pounds?!?! With teenagers (i think she's 19) their metabolism doesn't kick in tilll later, I have friends that eat a good healthy amount and are thin ... it's just the way some things go (and she is really tall).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

I love really skinny girls. Even the bone thin ones. Haven't seen this girl but as long as she's healthy I'm sure she's hot.

oxygen wrote:
    She does not look about right. She is broadcasted to millions of young women giving the message "Thin Is In" and giving them a complex. She is too skinny full stop. I know its not good to be too fat either, but when ur a young women u should not have to aspire to looking like skeletor. Anyway,not that it should be what women worry about, but its not what lads find attractive.

So should thin people be banned from TV then?

She's broadcasted to millions as a character in a TV show - no one is saying you have to be like her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Orla1

*Angel* wrote:
    Why should anyone decide how she should look? Yes she is skinny but so what, it's her choice! Would you like someone telling you to shed a few pounds?!?! With teenagers (i think she's 19) their metabolism doesn't kick in tilll later, I have friends that eat a good healthy amount and are thin ... it's just the way some things go (and she is really tall).

That is so true! It's actualy not up to us to decide... well said!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

She is skinny, yes. But she is far from too skinny. She is just naturally tall and slender, her height adds to the perception of skinness. I think you'll find she is well proportioned is a bikini, no ribs sticking out unnecessarily.

Really bugs me when women says a women is skinny so she must be anoerexic or bulemic or some or crap. Models do not becomes models because they exercise loads and eat really well, its because they are naturally tall, thin and elegant. Their lifestyle does not allow for such exercise etc.,

Get over it girls, you'd never hear a guy moaning that a guy is too muscular.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Um. Once again. Why do you people care?

edibility wrote:
    Um. Once again. Why do you people care?

Because I've had many people telling me I'm too thin and it's annoying!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

I have to agree with simu. I have been slagged, teased and given out to all my life because i'm very thin but I don't give a crap what others think because there is nothing i can do to make myself any fatter then I am as it is just not in my genes or else my matabolism has not kicked in, who knows! I eat loads but don't gain weight it pisses me off as all everyone ever goes on about is "oh I have to lose weight" and "I'm going on a diet" it's really annoying as some of us would like to try and gain some weight and can't. I would personally love to gain some weight if only there was a "fat fast" or a cereal telling me "how to add a jean size"!!

Stop giving out bout skinny people as we dont give out about fat or average sized people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

imo it's not people like mischa barton being on tv that give out a distorted body image to impressionable young idiots around the world, it's the sheer volume of magazines, books, tv shows, ads, promotions on packs of special k etc etc that are actually telling us idiots that we need to be thinner.
    and i don't think mischa barton's too thin, obviously she has an extremely tiny frame &bone structure and a healthy amount of flab on it.
    i used to be very thin, and being given out to for being thin is not fun. then i discvered the joy of overeating and now i guess i'd be a healthy weight. i would say though, that it is very hard for a teenage girl to be comfortable being a healthy weight when all around us there is all this bull**** media crap telling us how to lose 10lbs and how much celebrities weigh etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Sangre wrote:
    She is skinny, yes. But she is far from too skinny. She is just naturally tall and slender, her height adds to the perception of skinness. I think you'll find she is well proportioned is a bikini, no ribs sticking out unnecessarily.

Really bugs me when women says a women is skinny so she must be anoerexic or bulemic or some or crap. Models do not becomes models because they exercise loads and eat really well, its because they are naturally tall, thin and elegant. Their lifestyle does not allow for such exercise etc.,

Get over it girls, you'd never hear a guy moaning that a guy is too muscular.

TRUE! I myself as a girl would say she looks good (are people just jealous or what?), and if she wants to be as skinny as she is why shouldn't she? You do realise though that girls say that because they usually just envy skinny girls right?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

*Angel* wrote:
    You do realise though that girls say that because they usually just envy skinny girls right?

Well that was implied in my post.

Advertisement