Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibb

Options
  • 28-02-2005 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

ok so i have IBB in now so how do i set up a webserver / ftp server ie. can the outside world see my ip address? or is there somewhat i need to do? i have iis etc set up and ip is pointing to the servers (no firewalls etc at the moment)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

if you want to run an FTP server, grab GuildFTPd and install it. Dead easy to use. People will be able to access it by typing ftp://62.231.111.11 (or whatever your ip is, and assuming you have port 21 allowing incoming connections in any firewall you may have).

I use that myself with IBB, never had problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

i just installed allthe windows updates and it turned the xp firewall back on so i opened ports 80 and 21 again but thanks for the help and i dont like the iis ftp so i might look at that one or ws_ftp or whatever it is called have it in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

Is it static IP with IBB ripwave? What will that mean if you're using router with NAT?

LK

You are not allowed run an FTP server as part of the terms and conditions with IBB IIRC.

no? ah well what about a webserver?

and whats IIRC?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

check your cantract no web server either on home packages.

ah well the web server i dont care about only a few pages but ill be using the ftp till told not to. + remote desktop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

I don't think they'd have a problem with you using an FTP program to share a few files with friends, but if you tried setting up some kind of warez FTP ring, they might clamp down on the server. But i don't know.

All i know is i've never been complained to about using it. And since i only use it irregularly, i don't think they'd have a problem.

whats IIRC?

If I remember correctly :)

Advertisement