Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm bored with the Standard XBOX

• 28-02-2005 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hello,

I'd be interested to hear what people have done to their xbox that has increased its useability and design. Maybe even post some photo's!

Has any one changed the case on their xbox. If so what colour? I heard somebody purchased a glass case, not plastic to fit on to their xbox.

Have you fitted led lights into your xbox ?

How much memory have you added on the the std xbox. If you do increase the memory does this mean you can store games, use it as a mp3 and store dvd's or do you need other software?

And finally, I know there are a lot of chips out there to mod the console and its illegal. But what exactly do these chips allow you do. Do they allow you to play xbox games from different regions or do they allow you to play any game format on the xbox such as ps2 or nintendo?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

To increase the usability of my xbox I made the following changes which have helped at a lot.

I used to have it under my telly, sitting on top of the dvd player (you'll have to imagine this if you've never been around to my house). Now with that setup I found that it was ackward having to bend down each time I wantted to change the disc or turn the unit on or off. So I moved the XBox so thats its higher up sitting on top of my hi-fi, which is high enough and close enough to my sofa so that I dont actually have to get up off my seat to turn it on or off but can lean over to do it.

This has really worked out for me and one of my mates deadl0ck was talking about doing the same, but since his hi-fi is a good distance from his sofa it might not be so easy.

look forward to hearing what others have done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 pexus1976

lol...................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

You could get a modchip fitted and then....

1) Play backup games
    2) Update the dashboard and install evolutionx
    3) Install mp3 player software / Media Center software

Best bet is get to www.xbox-scene.com and look at tutorials

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I saw pictures in some game magazine of some guy who gutted the Mellenium Falcon toy and basically chucked his xbox inside it, cut out controller ports into the hull of the ship and everything. It looked really cool.

Well, as cool as a Mellenium Falcon playing Xbox can look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

what exactly is evolutionx anyways???
    also ive been thinkin of buyin c mod chip...which one would you reccomend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

you know when you turn on your x-bosco and get the green screen? Well thats called a dashboard. In a nutshell Evox is a different dashboard that you can customise - add menus, change settings and access the drives etc. I have a xecutor 3 - it was easy enough to set up and works a treat for region free dvds and games. I havent put a new HD in yet - thats next on my list :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

maybe you should try a website like this ?

http://www.gameconsoleskins.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

this might be a bit OT but...

those who have modded there xBoxes into media centres,

are they worth it, next to a DVD-recorder

price/covenience wise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Well, aside from replacing the DVD-rom drive or doing a USB-hack, you can't really burn off anything from an XBox, or capture anything.
    What people mean by media centres applies to playback only.
    It handles MPEG1/2/4, DVD and MP3 fine, should also play ogg vorbis too - depending on what player you have installed.

I've done a few XBox mods for friends, modchip, larger hard-drive, new dashboards, XBMC etc.

Waiting to get a 2nd-hand 1.4 Crystal xbox myself, and then do some LED mods and replace the fan with a quieter model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 pexus1976

That sounds fantastic, i'm looking for an old black xbox now.
    Will change the case to a green crystal, add led lights. Replace the hard drive and add a chip and motherboard.

Pity I have no idea how to obtain any of these items or how to go about it.
    Is there some kind of D I Y manual available. And what do you require if you wish to solder the chip. Any body know of anybody selling a cheap soldering iron?

The Falcon Millenium XBOX sounds mental!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

weeell I was more thinking of people using it as a TIVO type thing, surely if you networked it with your PC you could then edit/burn the saved stuff??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am considering selling my modded xbox and games if anyone is interested? All legit games by the way. Was only modded with the Xecuter 2.4lite just before Xmas..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭SteM

I am considering selling my modded xbox and games if anyone is interested? All legit games by the way. Was only modded with the Xecuter 2.4lite just before Xmas..

Has it got an upgraded HD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I saw pictures in some game magazine of some guy who gutted the Mellenium Falcon toy and basically chucked his xbox inside it, cut out controller ports into the hull of the ship and everything. It looked really cool.

Yeah I saw this as well, but due to the shape, he had to completely rearrange the layout of the xbox's insides to fit inside, and switch things around.....alot of work! But possibly the coolest custom job I've ever seen....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

dearg_doom wrote:
    weeell I was more thinking of people using it as a TIVO type thing, surely if you networked it with your PC you could then edit/burn the saved stuff??

And how would you get the "saved stuff" onto it first?
    I don't know of any widely available or supported capturing system for the XBox, aside from kludging together a USB setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I dont know what you mean by saved stuff - do you mean taking stuff off the xbox or putting in on!? Anyhoos i jst plug the xbox into my router and ftp to put stuff on or take stuff off..

Advertisement