Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do u people think of Kurupt

Options
  • 27-02-2005 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Kurupt is my favourite MC
    Just listen to dogg food & doggystyle and all the early death row stuff.
    back then lyrically nobody could come close. His 2nd album Tha streets iz a mtha is amazing. He has fallin off a bit in recent years space boogie had great production but lyrically a bit weak.
    He is now left tha dogg pound & fallin out with snoop, nate & daz and gone back to Suge as vice president of death row. His new album is dropin in May called Against Tha Grain. The album features kurupts brothers Roscoe & Tri Star, death row label mates Petty Pablo & Eastwood, 2pac, MOP, Yukmouth, Nore, Lil Jon, Butch Cassidy & Kokane. Hopefully it will be as sick as streets and dogg food. Hopefully death row don't push it back any longer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

You pretty much summed up his career, Tha Street Iz A Mutha is one of the best albums ive heard from a west coast artist, dont hold your breath for new material its been comming out in a few months for the last 3 years, dont know if its just tha row but they seem to screw up everything good on that label.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Simply a PHENOMINAL rapper right from the getgo, his work on DoggFood as part of Tha Dogg Pound was mind blowing... his solo albums have been rpetty decent. I must be one of the few who liked Kuruption, but Kristok is right - 'Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha...' is his best work.

Have to say alot of his work with the DPG family has been pretty click, & that goes for his work with Daz on DAz's album 'RAW' & the DPG stuff released on Daz's indy tip was pretty slick....

I was pretty fond of his other little known solo album 'Tha Kingpin' which was dropped on Mobstyle Records BEFORE Kuruption. MOBStyle was Daz's first attempt at a solo label along with C-Style, Daz Dropped 'Westcoast Riders Vol.1' on it, along with an album from Snoop - all fairly hard to get your hands on but knowing a few people who know a few people who are in L.A. made it easy ;-)

Dude is like a machine gun when he gets into it..... if you haven't ever heard 'Callin Out Names' - check it out....

You should also try check out his work with Y.A. (Young Assassinz), who are straight out of Sharon Hill in Philly where Kurupt, Roscoe & Tri-Starr are from, these dudes are pure heat!!!!!
    Nate Dogg wrote:
    The album features kurupts brothers Roscoe & Tri Star, death row label mates Petty Pablo & Eastwood, 2pac, MOP, Yukmouth, Nore, Lil Jon, Butch Cassidy & Kokane.

Petey Pablo is NOT on Death Row, & at this moment in time is managed by Suge Knight who is looking to get him on Death Row.... but AFAIK he has another two albums to drop for Jive, which means he ain't going nowhere. I can't see Clive Davis handing over someone who is receiving alot of airplay at the moment just cos 'Big Simon Says So'.

Death Row is an instant death sentence on your career if you're a rapper. Look at the countless artists who've signed & left over the years without dropping more than a few hits on soundtracks etc etc.. Until Tha Row get their business straight & remember that albums are meant to be dropped not stored in a god damn vault for posterity then they'll get their paper up again, until then they'll remain a joke. And believe me - I was the BIGGEST Death Row Records fan going for a long ass time even after they fell out the spotlight....

::: ven0mous :::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Nate Dogg

Damn I thought I was the biggest kurupt fan. I've never heard of 'Tha Kingpin' album on MOBStyle Records. Do you have a tracklisting? I remember Daz & Big C-Style started MobStyle and after a few months later daz was bankrupt and had to go back to Death Row. Then he left again and started dpg records.

The Against the grain album will probably never see the light of day but u have to hope. The Album cover is on cduniverse. And the single has been leaked on the net. Its called Stalkin. This never happened with any of the 3 Crooked I Albums that Tha Row never released. Death Row havent been releasing albums because Koch there Distributor wasn't ready for platinum selling records. Koch have now expanded there distribution nationaly and internationaly.

Kurupt is the only artist offically on the death row roster but Eastwood, Gail Gotti, AP-9, Danny Boy & maybe Roscoe will sign IF the label finnally gets back to selling records. Petey Pablo was wearing a death row chain last weak at the video shoot for J-Kwons new single.

Yeah that callin out names sing is sick he makes a fool of DMX and disses Ja Rule & 50 Cent years before he got big. Kurupt & Crooked I recorded a callin out names pt. 2 but its locked in the vaults with all that other classic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Nate Dogg wrote:
    Petey Pablo was wearing a death row chain last weak at the video shoot for J-Kwons new single.

Yeah - but check the videos Petey's been in recently; in 'Vibrate' he's rockin a 'Brain' chain [Brain from 'Pinky & The Brain'], in Ciara's (Pronounced Sierra apparently???!!!???) video for 'Goodies' he's rockin a spinner ..... :confused:

::: ven0mous :::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Nate Dogg

Well if hes got 2 more albums to do on Jive hes not signing anytime soon.

He probably just be featuring on soundtracks and other stuff death row drop after kurupts album.

• Advertisement
Advertisement