Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linksys WRT54g firmware and an Odd problem

Options
  • 26-02-2005 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭

There are quite a few third party firmwares around for this router, and i'm wondering which one would be most recommended by other people owning this router. At the moment, i'm using the HyperWRT firmware because it has port triggering, and bandwidth prioritising features (havn't tested those yet though).

EDIT: Which one allows the bandwidth prioritising to take a port range as opposed to just single ports. HyperWRT doesn't have enough single port slots to allow me to prioritise Counter-Strike, as it has a 15 port range.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

I'm having an odd problem with my router. Every 4 minutes, it fecks up. I get huge packetloss and high pings. Its really odd that this happens regularly at 4 min intervals. The only thing running is bittorrent (azureus). The high pings and packetloss only last about 20-30 seconds at most, then its back to normal.

Does anyone else have this problem? I'm running the latest firmware from the linksys site at the moment.

EDIT: It seems like the router doesn't always go into seizures every 4 mins, it looks like its actually just a single packet getting lost every 4 mins... with occasional seizures.

Advertisement