Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Broadband Usage Meter Borked?

Options
  • 26-02-2005 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

My usage meter for IOLBB has been rooted at 4.66 gigs for about a week now. Has anyone else noticed problems with their meter's?Been on the service for about 9 months now, first time this has happened.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Limey

I'm using UTV broadband at the moment, there is no "live" meter, i know for a fact they do this to catch people, now I have downloaded over a gig over my cap & will have to pay over 20 Euro's for it.

Being that petty in my trial I doubt I'll stay with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

It only updated whenever your disconnected or so [afaik].

If you were to turn your modem off then on again it should update. It will not [to the best of my knowledge] update while the line is being used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

Mines the same, stuck at 4.67 for a few days, turning the modem off makes no difference for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I have turned off the modem, makes no difference.
    abccormac wrote:
    Mines the same, stuck at 4.67 for a few days, turning the modem off makes no difference for me.
    Strange yours is stuck at the same level as mine :confused: You're not in Cork are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the usage meter should update daily (think it's at midnight, but can't be sure) during the week, although I don't know if it does updates over the weekend. it's been discussed here before anyway. should be daily though. maybe they've borked something.

don't even want to look at mine tbh as it's well over what it should be. might have alook on monday to see what they have me listed as downloading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

Im in the exact same position,
    and am in cork..
    although mines been stuck at around 11Gigs..
    its getting pretty annoying as im getting extremely close to cap ..
    and cant afford to go over, jic..

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭markyboy

Stuck @ 9 odd. Netlimiter tells me something else. Thanks for bringing that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

This happens to me sometimes aswell (Wexford town exchange). Happened last month, was stuck at about 8 gigs for most of the month but updated on the last day of the month when I found out I had about 1 1/2 gigs left!

I'm on wexford too, not the first time this has happened either. It's very annoying when you know you'r getting close to your cap but have no idea how close.

kmurph wrote:
    This happens to me sometimes aswell (Wexford town exchange). Happened last month, was stuck at about 8 gigs for most of the month but updated on the last day of the month when I found out I had about 1 1/2 gigs left!
    So anything I download between now and the day the meter starts working is counted?

Uh-oh :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

The IOLBB usage statistics were reset the last time they upgraded the network. Accordiing to my statistics I first logged in in April 2004. But it was Aug 2003.

Good sign of possible upgrade. Either that or they screwed something up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Blindpew

I wouldn't worry too much about going over the cap , not when they are worried about losing customers to Smart Telecom. IOL have never billed me for exceeding the limit come to think of it. Be happy, your usage meter is stuck, at least if they question you it can be used as an excuse.

New month and the meter is still not working.

me considers a download splurge.

Same here, but I'm too worried about getting an enormous bill. I think I'll wait a week or two to see if it fixes itself first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

It wont fix itself - don't worry it is actually fully functional so you can't splurge they do know how much download and they will kick you off if you go to far over. It's what they did to me, eventhough the meter said 0.0 GB :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭PaulMcG

Mine hasn't updated since Thu Mar 3, and is stuck at 0.65GB.

It seems to be back now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Blindpew

I use a program called Bandwidth Monitor Pro to keep track of my own usage. It's useful if you don't want to exceed your monthly allocation. An other tip is on the last night of every month make sure you disconnect from the internet before midnight, that way your usage meter won't clock up that days usage into the new month. Say you download a gb on the last day of this month and don't disconnect as I said before midnight, that gb will be registered into your April allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 luketheone

My meter has just come back today. It had been gone since about 22nd february. This is very annoying as I check it almost every day, and now I've really got to watch myself of the rest of the month. Unfortunately I'm just one of several computers who use this line so my own monitoring utility would be useless...

Advertisement