Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning permission chicanery

Options
  • 25-02-2005 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭

Need some advice here.

A neighbour recently got planning permission on a old house for renovations. however I've since learned that there is more going on than in the planning permission and it will impinge on parking in the street.

what can i do here? how would I get in contact with the planning permissions office and can i do it anonymously?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,301 ✭✭✭✭Victor

dudara wrote:
    however I've since learned that there is more going on than in the planning permission
    What type of stuff?
    and it will impinge on parking in the street.
    how will this happen?
    what can i do here? how would I get in contact with the planning permissions office and can i do it anonymously?
    You should be able to access the planning file for free at the public counter of your local council's planning department. You should also be able to buy a copy of the drawings.

If you are happy that the work doesn't comply ask to talk to the enforcement section.

I'm not sure how far you can go anonymously, but you could hire an architect or solicitor to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thanks for that. I don't want to create a big fuss, but I am concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

You could try minding your own business you interferring knobjockey. HAve you little to do??? Afraid there wont be enough roo mon the street for you to park ur 1 car?

WHy do u want to hide your name. If you`ve something to object to, then do it in dignity.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

rander00 wrote:
    You could try minding your own business you interferring knobjockey. HAve you little to do??? Afraid there wont be enough roo mon the street for you to park ur 1 car?

WHy do u want to hide your name. If you`ve something to object to, then do it in dignity.

Dudara, if it worries you then you've every right to report it to your local council. If it's only a minor infringement they may ignore it. Otherwise they will stop them from proceeding.

The whole reason councils keep details anonymous is to prevent you from getting bother. Someone that builds property that doesn't conform to permission is the type of person that doesn't give a damn about the neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,301 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Rander00 banned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MF2HD

afaik though if you do lodge an official complaint. i.e. one that might be taken half seriously, your details are actually included in the planning file for all to see.

(used to work in the council, thats where i got that little gem, also if planning has already been granted theres little or nothing that can be done after the fact unfortunately. Just not enough resources to follow up on cases such as these)

Advertisement