Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish skate videos...

Options
  • 25-02-2005 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

what do people think of irish skate videos??
    it cant rain forever
    hidden
    9miles
    collective
    etc...??

what do you all think of the tricks/editing/music/quality??
    what do people think about a possible "best of Irish" video??

now go skate

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

ive never seen any irish sk8 vids lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭GoofySkater

i think nob's video(collective) had a great "collection" of skating in it and was fairly good editing, apart from the titles. Bscene was good but fairly short and the slow-mo sucked. Ciaran O Connor i think is the best editor by far looking back on it cant rain forever but soon there shall be a new video.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I think if you're comparing them to videos of skaters from other countries, that have had skateparks locally since they were 5yrs old (not to mention nice street spots, handrails, blocks and other luxuries we did not) you're failing to see the big picture, much like the rest of the supposed skaters around here lately. Little pictures, little focus and little brains are all I'm coming across lately. Lest I forget to mention the spoilt brat-gimme-gimme kids that are becoming all too commonplace.

Nob and Ciaran are the best of the bunch when it comes to putting the vids together for my personal tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

ouch!!
    thats not fair at all.
    please dont "be like the others around here" and make assumptions without fact.

i am a film-maker and was merely curious as to what people thought.
    i am in the process of making a video myself and was curious as to what people think.

i for one have been skating for years and fully understand the way the irish skate scene works..

i stick by the rain/**** spots/high prices/gardai/general bad reputation.

me and my friends are also so dedicated to skateboarding that we built
    A: a concrete frickin bowl
    B: a five and a half foot ramp with a roof on the top.

again. ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

moonboy wrote:
    ouch!!
    thats not fair at all.
    please dont "be like the others around here" and make assumptions without fact.

i am a film-maker and was merely curious as to what people thought.
    i am in the process of making a video myself and was curious as to what people think.

i for one have been skating for years and fully understand the way the irish skate scene works..

i stick by the rain/**** spots/high prices/gardai/general bad reputation.

me and my friends are also so dedicated to skateboarding that we built
    A: a concrete frickin bowl
    B: a five and a half foot ramp with a roof on the top.

again. ouch.

I'm attempting to herd some sheep into the right pen here, don't take offense please. There's been a little influx of twattery on this forum lately and I'm sick to the teeth of tossers with nothing better to say than 'Irish skateboarding sucks' 'Irish skaters suck' -- every time any topic with regards it comes up for discussion. Sadly, being moderator doesn't grant me special psychic powers to see you're a filmer attempting to put a video together as opposed to some twat posting another random thread of rubbish.

Only part of my post you should have been concerned about was the part that was on topic, ignore my muppet hunt please ;)

I guess I am obsessed with these runts because every time I step on my board, I have to put up with them, or watch them sit on the sideline (as it were) and laugh or pass smart comments and sit there giggling like little schoolgirls, when they never even step on their own boards. I'm simply trying to do my own thing and have a laugh, get some exercise and be with some good mates, not put up with twits that want to ruin the image of skateboarding for the masses. Instead of attempting to make it more appealing, help it progress, become more socially accepted or get more recognition so our thick government might provide us with some facilities/funds to do so.

I'm not dedicated to skateboarding at all, it's a hobby, like fishing or anything else, I'm no fanatic and would prefer to be off shooting some fish 10m below the surface of the ocean alone, rather than listening to the 'all-talk, no action' folks out there at present.

The Irish skate scene was ok when people were all out skating baggot street, having a laugh and pushing each other, now it's all about vibing out the 'competition' or people that don't fit in with your group of friends, instead of having something in common that we can all enjoy together and help each other naturally progress with. I'm outta here early April, had enough of this 3-ring-circus for now, it's time for a big break! Not just from skateboarding but from Ireland too and most importantly, Dublin as a city.

I built a helluva lot of things too and attempted to give a part of my time/energy to the Irish skateboarding community many times in the past, over several years. Unfortunately, it was a wasted effort and I decided I wasn't going to give anymore of my time/energy to a bunch of ungrateful, moaning twats that would rather bitch about each other, rather than do what they loved doing -- skating of course! My energy goes into more worthwhile things now. I only give my time to people I deem worthy of getting it. Likewise, my hard earned cash goes to people whom I deem worthy of support for their time and energy in the community, not the penny pinchers or people carrying skateboards for the sake of being a skater.

Don't expect to do anything for the Irish skateboarding community and get anything in return, you won't -- based on my personal experiences over the past 10years. All I ever got for my efforts were whingebags, fair do's to anyone still giving their time to these people because I got sick of them, a long time ago!

I have no names to mention, the few good folks out there know well who they are, fair play to you all for your time and efforts, I live in hope they don't go wasted.

• Advertisement

all i can say is that fun doesnt seem to be an option with some skaters anymore..
    its all about sponsorship this..switch that..im better than you so dont talk to me..
    i could rant on about whats wrong with the scene..

i wont..

but lets just say when people watch dogtown and z-boys and go "that was a loada poo"..it makes me want to cry.

or people watchin planB or hocus pocus or one of the classics and say something similar..or "that was sketchy" about every trick...

seems as well that skaters dont seem content with just gettin together and chilling in a carpark and just pissin about..having FUNN!!
    its all about steps/rails/this/that..
    thats just my opinion..

in regards to the video..
    i was curious if anyone has any footage of them and their friends skating or having fun that they might like put in a video..
    its going to be a fairly "relaxed" video..
    nice and laid back..
    something skaters who like to have fun will appreciate..
    nothing special..
    it will be professionaly done(colour correction etc!!)..
    nicely put together..
    this coupled with a bowl section featuring wayne g,stef j,jonno, conhuir lynn amongst others..

but if yas want something included or want to see your tricks in a video then let me know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

i hate u tact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭sailorboy

use the for sale forum please

sailorboy wrote:
    got tony hawks learning to skate vol 1 and vol 2 on dvd
    anyone interested
    tenner for the 2...
    if it helps.

so completely ignoring that post..

does anybody have any footage they want included??

cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

I have an old video 8 tape and I'm preety sure theres old footage from Simons skatepark (early 90s) on it if you're interested. I'm in R&R a bit so if ya see me say Hi. Rad bowl by the way skated it once last summer didn't know you were building a ramp too. Shaggy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Skank

moonboy
    hey man im into the hole irish extream sports sene i bmx and surf windsurf and varous other spors a tiny bit no bike at the minite tho im a sound ensiner and have protools to so if you lookin for an enginer to add sound and stuff i be more then willing to do it ...

shagman wrote:
    I have an old video 8 tape and I'm preety sure theres old footage from Simons skatepark (early 90s) on it if you're interested. I'm in R&R a bit so if ya see me say Hi. Rad bowl by the way skated it once last summer didn't know you were building a ramp too. Shaggy.

ah thats cool..should be worth a look..ive got some mega old-footage too but not much so it might fill it up a bit..yeah..my friend built a huge ramp in his tiny backgarden WITH A ROOF!!skate all day.rain or snow..cos the bowl was only really suited for summer because it took hours to drain..was AMAZING..until...the feckin neighbours decided to sell their house and treathened to sue etc blah blah blah..no more roof..the thing was so big it needed planning permission..

oh and ill try and drop ina copy of the bowl section to r&r so ye can have a look..you've a coupla tricks on there..

cheers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭h-street23

A Soldier's Story
    Next Generation
    Ban This
    Streets on Fire

These are all bloody special vid's man. Most of the Irish vids a re cool too.People like Al Collins,Ger Evans et al are all super nice guys and really good skaters.

Newbies suck big time.Was I that annoying when I was young?

Advertisement