Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Takeaways in Marino/Clontarf/Killester?

Options
  • 25-02-2005 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Howareyis!

I just moved to flat in Clontarf, so now I've got to restock the kitchen with takeaway menus. Anyone know the number of a good Chinese that delivers in the area? Haven't got a chance to get around the area much so far and this evening is calling for a curry!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 pexus1976

My kitchen has a grand total of 126 take away menu's :D
    Hmm feeling hungry now.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

scsa wrote:
    Howareyis!

I just moved to flat in Clontarf, so now I've got to restock the kitchen with takeaway menus. Anyone know the number of a good Chinese that delivers in the area? Haven't got a chance to get around the area much so far and this evening is calling for a curry!
    I'm not living in Marino anymore these days but here's a few of my favourites....

- Apache Pizza (Philipsbourgh Ave) - 1890 APACHE
    - Chinese (Fairview Strand, beside Xtravision - can't remember name... lotus garden i think)
    - Chipper (Next to the chinese above)
    - Kabochese (Or somthing like that, chipper beside kavanaghs pub at bottom of malahide road)
    - Mandarin Chinese (Nice food, beside graingers pub at griffith ave/malahide rd junction)
    - Rimini Chipper (great food, up on collins ave, beside bingo hall)
    - Chinese (beside the beachcomber in killester... also nice food)

If you ring 11850, you'll get the numbers for them. I'm sorry, I deleted my speed dials when I moved so havn't got the numbers any more! At least you have the names to go by.

Cheers, Dave! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 scsa

That's a great start, cheers! I know where the Xtra-Vision is in Fairview, but I must've missed the chinese beside it somehow. I'll check it out on the way home. Thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

DJB wrote:
    I'm not living in Marino anymore these days but here's a few of my favourites....

- Apache Pizza (Philipsbourgh Ave) - 1890 APACHE
    - Chinese (Fairview Strand, beside Xtravision - can't remember name... lotus garden i think)
    - Chipper (Next to the chinese above)
    - Kabochese (Or somthing like that, chipper beside kavanaghs pub at bottom of malahide road)
    - Mandarin Chinese (Nice food, beside graingers pub at griffith ave/malahide rd junction)
    - Rimini Chipper (great food, up on collins ave, beside bingo hall)
    - Chinese (beside the beachcomber in killester... also nice food)

If you ring 11850, you'll get the numbers for them. I'm sorry, I deleted my speed dials when I moved so havn't got the numbers any more! At least you have the names to go by.

Cheers, Dave! :cool:

ill second Rimini Chipper, Mandarin Chinese, Kabochese(lol its capocci's)
    try the sweet and sour chicken out of the mandarin you wont be dissapointed. the lotus in fairview can be hit or miss.

also the regent (killester) really is the nicest chinese in the area, their special chow mein is especially delish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 anika

Mr chan in clontarf is by far the best chineese for take away. if ya wanna eat in i recoment lotus garden! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Lynch's in Killester is a good chipper and I second what skywalker said about the Regent as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 scsa

Well I've since made a couple of calls to the Regent and I can confirm they make a spicy (but lovely) king prawn curry. They also make spring rolls that are obscene (but lovely). They're at least 4 inches or more in circumference. Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Lynch's chipper in Clontarf is the best chipper in Dublin. mmmmmm. and they wrap the chips up in paper and the vinegar leaks into the paper and you want to eat the paper. mmmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

"Mr chan in clontarf is by far the best chineese for take away. "
    Damn right! tastiest chinese take away in Dublin. But its in Harmonstown, not Clontarf (Much of a muchness really but I can get quite territorial when it comes to grub :) )
    Yeah Lynchs (in killester :P ) is Damn tasty as is the cafe capris on the seafront by the wooden bridge to bull island. (lol "the wooden bridge to bull island" sounds like the name of an enid blighton book :) )
    riceland in raheny does a good cheapy chickenballs currysauce and chips deal if you're drunk and wanyt something fried.
    Welcome to the 'hood :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Mmmm chickenballs from Riceland rock when its like 2 in the morning and you're not quite sure where you are or why you're not in bed...
    The Hin Keng restaurant does take aways, I can't remember if they deliver or not but the food is damn good.
    Beshoff's on Vernon Avenue do the yummiest chips :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement