Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV package Upgrade????

Options
  • 24-02-2005 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

With all this talk of Smart coming out with new packages and IOL and probably Eircom are there any whispers from UTV about new packages? Can we take it that they will match the IOL packages or even better them? Bring on the March Madness i say :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I'd say it's a safe bet that UTV will upgrade also to keep up with competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Conlai

Was on to UTV yesterday checking the status of my account & when my contract is up. I happened to mention to the guy that the reason I was checking was because of the new offer from Smart and would they be offering anything new, he reckoned so but hadn't heard any details.
    On a different but related note. My contract is up in April and am trying to figure out the best offering. NTL are now in my area (Navan rd) but Smart say they have no date for my exchange (Cabra). So the question is do I go with NTL, wait for Smart or see what UTV come up with? I don't have to renew my contract UTV as it just rolls over on a monthly basis. Also could I use my D-link G604T wireless router with NTL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭padraigf

I'd say get NTL. Chances are good that you can use your router with them. Is it a DSL modem aswell, or just a router/wireless access point ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Conlai wrote:
    Also could I use my D-link G604T wireless router with NTL?
    It has an ADSL modem built-in, presumably there is an option to disable it.
    Also it would need either Ethernet (rj45) or USB in, to take the signal from NTL's cable modem.

hth,
    causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Conlai

Well I presume I just disconnect the ADSL connection. But will the ntl modem forward on to the D-Link router. I thought people had problems with eircoms supplied modem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement