Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike

Options
  • 24-02-2005 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

Ive just come across this on another site.
    Please email nike and let them know of your feelings.

Go to wristbands section at the bottom.
    Select Country United Kingdom
    View the cities....
    Dublin?
    Galway?
    Waterford?

When did this happen?

http://www.nike.com/standupspeakup/en/home.jsp?page=home

Here is the email address to write and complain. It is amazing that in an attempt to promote racial and cultural tolerance and understanding that they should be so geographically and politically ignorant.
    nikeid.europe@nike.com

Comments

Whats the big deal? Would you complain about every site out there with incorrect information about Irish Cities?

Personally, I don't see how an incorrect City list of Ireland, affects their campaign, or is even related to racial/cultural tolerance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭coupe 02

Whats the big deal? Would you complain about every site out there with incorrect information about Irish Cities?

Personally, I don't see how an incorrect City list of Ireland, affects their campaign, or is even related to racial/cultural tolerance.

so telling us were from the united kingdom is ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

That sucks - I complained!
    Dear Sir/Madam,

I was looking at Nike's web pages promoting wristbands against racism recently (http://www.nike.com/standupspeakup/en/get_involved.jsp?page=getinvolved) and would like to point out that Dublin, Galway, Limerick, Tallaght and Waterford are situated in the republic of Ireland, rather than in the United Kingdom as suggested by the site's dropdown menus. I'm sure I'm not the only Irish person and potential Nike customer to find the effacement of my country's existence hurtful and offensive.

Yours sincerely,

<simu's real name>

So there! (Although that's not the gravest misbehaviour Nike has been known to commit).

so telling us were from the united kingdom is ok?

No, but it has nothing to do with racial/cultural tolerence. It was a mistake, which other websites have made in the past.

is this the first time you've seen Irish cities listed under the united kingdom within a web form? It was probably just a database error.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'm not upset at that. It's pretty obvious that you don't see Ireland listed you'd check UK to see if any were close by.

• Advertisement

No, but it has nothing to do with racial/cultural tolerence. It was a mistake, which other websites have made in the past.

is this the first time you've seen Irish cities listed under the united kingdom within a web form? It was probably just a database error.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it a sign of intolerance but it does display ignorance and the assumptions of certain British people that Ireland isn't really a different country.

This was probably done because the stores in Ireland and the UK are handled by the same team but it wouldn't kill them to put "UK and Ireland" as text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

lighten up people..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

heh they've now changed it, and Tallaght is down as a city rolleyes.gif

Woot! Power to the internet users!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

It is not that big deal, but at the same time it should be pointed out to the website people that hold on a minute we are actually a completely seperate country. I would say the website was made in American, so I suppose we should be lucky they don't consider the British Isle part of France :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement