Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right I need a quick idea!!

Options
  • 24-02-2005 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

I'm going to an award thing tonight for the VSI.
    I'm going as the date of one of the guys getting the award.
    neither of us know if its casual or not so we both decided to go smart.

the problem is i need an outfit idea fast... leaving work at 12:30, and going shopping..

anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

please??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I dunno, someone told me that when you go in a clothes shop, you can see the stuff they sell, and sometimes you can even try it on to see if you like it! Odd idea. I don't really see how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you're in the city centre, how about a trip into Debenhams. They have a great selection at any given time.

Or check out some of the second hand shops if you want to try something a bit different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

You can never go wrong with a well cut black trousers, Nice but not too dressy top over it & bloack boots/shoes with a good heel, Keep the jewelary to a minimum, just one or two nice pieces, not ears & necklace, one or the other, if you decide on the necklace wear small little earrings, nothing too over powering.

Hope this helps - enjoy the night :p

outfit idea koneko!!!!! i am going out to the shops but its good to go out with an idea

• Advertisement

cheers raven this is a good start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Headleylamarr

He's going to want you to look smart but sexy - but not like a tart, a relatively hugging black dress is always a safe bet, and it doesn't have to cost much once your jewelry, shoes and handbag look classy and quality.

i'll try get a pic thanks for the help i'm off now shoppin!!!!

wu hu i got a great outfit in the end after lots of shopping that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Ms Beanbag

you could wear something nice and neat, not to dressy and jazz it up with accessories- earings, belt, high heels etc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Probably too late but the little black dress always looks well... you could always have a smart coat over it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

So what did you get in the end?

ok a black fitter shirt(topshop)
    black vest top(topshop)
    these black kneehigh boots(zerp*)
    and this amazing skirt. wrap around red and black two lares, black over red with red hung lower than the black.
    kinda linen and flowy... my date loved it and i wasnt too over dressed.. lord mayor of dublin thought it was very nice!

got it in this hippy shop on liffey street on hero side

will post pic when we get them delevoped

Advertisement