Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long does it take eircom to install bb?

Options
  • 23-02-2005 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭

hey,

I've got my phone with Smart Telecom, and I wanted to install eircom broadband, I ordered on 4th of Feb, it's 23rd now I can't even get an order number, everytime I call they give their classical text book mumbo jumbo, and say since I'm with smart, they have to send a letter somewhere for someone to review...blah blah blah, I called smart to talk to them about this, but they washed their hands away, by telling me when they try to deal with eircom, eircom's representatives hang up on them, and they can't do a thing, now I can't get eircom, I think the b@st@rds just don't do it cause I'm with smart or maybe it's me who is impatient, smart of course is not available here, and they don't even know if they will be coming here :mad:

so... how long did it take you to get your eircom bb line?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

3 weeks, though 2 weeks of that was waiting for SDS to find the wireless router after they "misplaced" it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

same here 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Last year I had a new phone line installed in Galway, it only took Eircom 6 weeks from 1st phone call to getting the modem in the mail. 3 weeks for the install, and 3 weeks to wait for my line to be tested.

December, I moved house and there was even a phone line still active at the new house. The line was failing, some non-sense about a me being a new customer. Phoned Broadband about it 4 times and i received 4 completly different and useless answers. 4 weeks later my line was passing. They enabled broadband 6 Jan, I received my modem Jan 25th. This time took almost 8 weeks.

Customer service side of Eircom is the worst I have ever dealt with in my life with any company. This line test nonsense cripples a lot of people from getting broadband.

That being said I've used 6 different broadband providers, cable and xdsl (in the US) and by far Eircom's network is rock solid. In the last year I can only remember 2 outages and they were for no more than 1 hour. Why can't the rest of the company operate like this?

If there was any competion in the Irish market, Eircom wouldn't last long. I hope more companies like Smart enter the market and put an end to the monoply.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

It took eircom about 5-7 days to give me broadband but that was only after i had to ring them and reorder it because when i ordered it online they sent me an email confirming that i ordered it but when i rang them they had no such record of the transaction

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭drive3331

It took 7 working days from placing an order online

• Advertisement
Advertisement