Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The horror! Stella bumps are back!

Options
  • 23-02-2005 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

Are they? I've seen them on a few people recently.

For those of you who don't know what a stella bump is:

bump.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

up here closer to civilisation :p carlow girl, I've seen these around since the start of last summer at least(on a select few). Hadn't noticed it spreading in popularity or realised that they'd done the rounds before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Carlow girl, moi??? I'm insulted. :)

They used to be worn by female skangers (stellas) in Cork back in the mid-90's and I've seen them on a few people in Galway recently. Maybe it's an attempt at having the voluminous hair so beloved of shampoo ads - if so, it doesn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shivface

yer i think they are, ive even seen them on grungey ppl

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Is that the haircut that the hot blonde chick from the OC has?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

they've been very big around derry for the last year or so now. and i have to admit that the odd girl does pull it off quite well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

lafortezza wrote:
    alex?? yeah but not as dramatic as hers! her quiff was very woah outthere! they're very popular round my way [carlow!!!] and have been for bout a year. some people can pull it off but its not a look for everyone!!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Scraggs wrote:
    alex?? yeah but not as dramatic as hers! her quiff was very woah outthere! they're very popular round my way [carlow!!!] and have been for bout a year. some people can pull it off but its not a look for everyone!!! :cool:

Oh, yeah, that must be where it came from. It looks awful on her too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

lafortezza wrote:
    catspring wrote:
    i have to admit that the odd girl does pull it off quite well.

she could pull me off anyday :rolleyes:

had to be said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

its an awful look. especially when accompanied by big hoopy earrings poncho 3/4 length trousers and cheap penneys ugg boots

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

i walked into a clothes shop on grafton street 2 weeks ago. every single girl in there had that hair style! shockin! it looked hot on some of them but then again, they were hot so any hair cut would make them hot! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

i think theyre called quiffs now...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

They're nice if you can pull them off in an emo/50's rockabilly fashion. Otherwise, they look crappy.

Advertisement