Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Whammy!

Options
  • 23-02-2005 7:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

Having *eventually* secured permission from two landowners for a rifle,i decided to apply for a shotgun at the same time to save hassle,i was assured by the gundealer that this would present no problems with the guards,somebody else told me different and now i'm not so sure..can anyone clarify this issue?
    degsy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Irishglockfan

Again ,this is a "depends" type question.Depends wether your local gardai are in the mood to grant both at the same time,or wether they want to see how you behave with the shotgun first,or wether the areas you a going to shoot in are safe enough for a rifle.In theory and practise it should be no problem whatsover. As the saying goes; JUST DO IT
    I had the same story when buying a savage 22mag with a 20 GA combo gun.I was assured by 6 dealers that I would need two liscenses for both rifle&shotgun.[They had sold collectively 5 guns of that type].Another four said I couldnt wouldnt get a liscense for either or both. In the end I ended up paying for a rifle liscense,which covers both calibres.Just seems there are no hard and fast rules on firearms laws here.Only constant seems to be it is up to your local Super and Sgt.Get both of these fellows on your side and i am convinced you can liscense a 20mm vulcan cannon here :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Again ,this is a "depends" type question.Depends wether your local gardai are in the mood to grant both at the same time,or wether they want to see how you behave with the shotgun first,or wether the areas you a going to shoot in are safe enough for a rifle.In theory and practise it should be no problem whatsover. As the saying goes; JUST DO IT
    I had the same story when buying a savage 22mag with a 20 GA combo gun.I was assured by 6 dealers that I would need two liscenses for both rifle&shotgun.[They had sold collectively 5 guns of that type].Another four said I couldnt wouldnt get a liscense for either or both. In the end I ended up paying for a rifle liscense,which covers both calibres.Just seems there are no hard and fast rules on firearms laws here.Only constant seems to be it is up to your local Super and Sgt.Get both of these fellows on your side and i am convinced you can liscense a 20mm vulcan cannon here :D

A 20mm vulcan cannon,eh?How many acres would the landowner need to have for one of those? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Irishglockfan

oh,say minimum 50 by 50 square miles,fenced in, with a special clearence for aircraft to fly in under 500feet.And the ability to deal with depleted uranium shells of course :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

oh,say minimum 50 by 50 square miles,fenced in, with a special clearence for aircraft to fly in under 500feet.And the ability to deal with depleted uranium shells of course :D:D

I prefer the trusty 88mm Flack gun,its handy for vehicles as well should anyone show up and ask you what yoou're doing!

Advertisement