Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smashed: Story of a Drunken Girlhood by Koren Zailckas

Options
  • 23-02-2005 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

This is apparantly a gruelling yet great read. According to the Times it's released next month. Anyone heard anything about it?

Where is the cheapest place to buy books? Amazon.com have it already at 13dollars (hardback!) and it's about 5 dollars postage I think. Sounds good to me.

Is there a better option? I presume amazon.co.uk would work out not great value. Is there a CD-WOW version for books?! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well, since it was in the Irish Times, expect to see it in more papers as well - they all have the same stories.

Personally, I don't find the idea of reading about someone's drink problems very interesting so unless it's extremely well-written and thoughtful, I don't think I'd bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Tiersal

1. Has anyone else checked out "The Swing of Things"?
    Very very good book, by an Irish guy I can't remember at the mo'. :o
    2. Consider Phlebas...Iain M Banks (Wasp Factory is also a Dinger!)
    3. Use of Weapons.......Iain M Banks
    4. Dancer......Colum McCann
    5. Neuromancer.....William Gibson (Get's better with each read)
    6. The Trial......Kafka
    7. The Butcher Boy......Patrick McCabe
    8. Breakfast on Pluto......Patrick McCabe

Tend to find an author rather than a Genre. Easier way to spot quality.
    Very interested to see what a psychological profiler would make of that particular collection :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Bri wrote:
    Is there a better option? I presume amazon.co.uk would work out not great value. Is there a CD-WOW version for books?! :D

see if you can get from play.com, free postage...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Thanks. Sorry forgot about this forum for a while :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement