Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saves The Day

Options
  • 23-02-2005 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

Has anyone heard even heard of Save The Day? They're like my new favourite band, such brilliant songwriting!

Songs to look out for:
    At you Funeral
    Freakish
    Jesse and My Whetstone

:D

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I had a chipunks version of At Your Funeral. It rocked. Saves The Day don't. They're in there with Taking Back Sunday and that kind of stuff. I don't have a clue why it's called punk tbh. Can someone explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh they're cool, but they ain't punk,

they are way better than taking back sunday in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Mmm... I do like At Your Funeral. It's good. But I wouldn't call it punk really. Emo I suppose, even though that kinda means punk. I heard a cover they did of Clash City Rockers. It was really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

Yeah I like them, but they sure as hell ain't punk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'd go as far as calling them punk-pop, but for the most part it's emo.

The singer's voice is incredibly grating. They've gone in more upbeat direction on their latest record which is probably well for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Definantly emo!

'Stay What You Are' was definantly their best album.. by a mile!

Some amazing songs on it especially Freakish, At Your Funeral, See You, Certain Tragedy and This Is Not An Exit.

If you haven't heard this album, find it NOW!!!

Listen I've been blown down about this. WTF is emo? I thought it was getup kids. Now it's ****in lost prohpets........what the jesus? SOmeone explain. Does emo really stand for emotional hardcore? If it does please find a hardcore band that isnt emotional. /me cries into his dead flowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

there's so many interpetations that i just keep saying emo is short for emotional rock.

in my head this stretches a wide amount of bands the likes of weezer are one, saves the day, jimmy eat world and dashboard confessional are others.

i don't think of lost prophets as emo at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Their last album was very emo (and a huge step down in quality) compared to their first album. Hell is for heroes and Funeral for a friend are tremendously emo.

*googles*

Looky what I found

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

As Cremo said, emotional rock and Jimmy Eat World. That's the best definition of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

There's two types of (modern) emo, one which leans on the progressive and complex side, and one that simply incorperates punk-pop (or all of these elements). There's no real singlular term for the two.

While most bands show emotion in what they do (in emo, rock, or otherwise), emo is just that little bit personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Emo is singers who like to whinge and moan about their sad, sad lives.
    "My girlfriend doesn't love me, I want to DIEEEEE!!!"

:( + :mad: = emo

Dregin falls over.

Advertisement